Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Games And Interactive Entertainment Developement

Options
  • 01-06-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I am looking for information on this course. My brother is looking to apply for 2012 as a mature student. To boost his chances what work experience should he aim to get this year? and what are the course hours like?

He wants this to boost his chances of studying it at university level. Any information on this course is greatly appreciated as what's on the website is pretty basic.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 jfk316

hello, this course is in intro course. The best or most detailed part of the course is the 3d computer graphics part which is 5 hours a week dedicated to it. The rest of the course is pretty simple. programming is extremely basic. Photoshop is not really a class. if he cant get into anything else then he can apply for this course.

As a mature student he should just apply to the diploma course in ballyfermot code DGH. Its heavy on programming and leads towards making indie gamers. So if he wants to design games this is the course in the college to go to. other options are the degree course in carlow which is sponsored by xbox. Hope this helps and goodluck to your brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 potatohead90

sorry for invading this thread but just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about this course cause I have an interview next week for this course and i really want to get in. any advice will help. stuff like what I should know before going into the interview what will make me stand out from anyone else going to the interview. cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

tell emmet(course coordinator) you like call of duty and heel let ya in :P

hahaha yeah call of duty would defo put u ahead. Well liking 3d is always a plus. Thats the only class that u have to learn something in really. 5 hours a week. the rest is stuff like photoshop(which u probly already know) and a lil bit of programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 potatohead90

cheers for the advice. what kind of programmes would i be using in the first year?

• Advertisement

photoshop, illustrator(maybe), java (programmin class) 3ds max for 3d

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Seriously?

Saying you like Call of Duty is what puts you ahead in this course???

I'm applying for game design and I've heard great things about the course.....to be honest it's a little disappointing that all I'd have to do to get in the good books is mention that I like the "Avatar" of gaming :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

obviously i as joking. youd need to lighten up a little bit for this course your going to be spending a lot of time with your class mates who will all likely have odd quirks and sense of humours about them i know mine did :O

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Sounds good.

I was only half serious myself:) (and half being a dick)

Advertisement