Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maintenance etc.

Options
  • 01-06-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

what chances does the mother of my child getting maintenance from me ? we are not together and never will be again, she is still currntly living in my house(well my dads house really|) with me and our daughter, she has no job never did,i have supported her + child full for 4 years now(daughter is nearly 4) i only work a €270ish a week job and have so far agreed to pay her 300 a month child support when she moves out(soon enough) but altho she usually just brings the maintenance issue up when we fight"im gona get you for maintence aswell as child support bla bla bla " its something that obviously worries me because ill have almost no money for myself if she succeeds. thansk for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Maintenance and child support are the same thing. If you can't agree an amount and it goes to a judge ability to pay is taken into account.

First step should be for both of you to try the Family Mediation Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

75 euro a week is a decent amount if the child dosent need childcare

ive being to court myself the judge will take into account your income, your exs income and your childs expenses. since your ex has no income would you consider having your daughter stay in the house with you when your ex moves out?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes of course i brought that up,well in more of a custody battle which having lucked into i have given up on that idea, but no theres no way shed leave our daughter behind.she american so currently on just a 1 year visa, which she believes she can get upgraded soon to be able to get funding off the governmant for housing etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

She can only get child support payment off you and she cannot claim maintenance off you for herself you were never married to her.

Advertisement