Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Celbridge, Maynooth, Leixlip, Lucan...

Options
  • 01-06-2011 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am forever looking for a job in my locality... I dont drive and I'm looking for something general. I am willing to work anywhere, I'm just desperate for a job.

Can anyone tell me of anywhere who are looking for staff?!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

I second this request! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

i also third the motion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

what are you looking for? part time,full time? I know within the next few weeks one person in Xtra Vision Celbridge is leaving,then within 3 months another full timer will be leaving so maybe throw a CV in there. Its shift work tough,be prepared to work Friday and Saturday nights until at least 11pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ColinB90

Good News! Theres a marketing company called KH Marketing based in Celbridge village that are hiring 10 people or so over the next week or two. Go on to jobs.ie and put in KH. It's a great company to work for. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 newera

Where abouts in Celbridge is KH Marketing based? What type of work does it involve? :D

• Advertisement

It's in Celbridge Village just as you enter celbridge. It's door to door sales. Good job though

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paul_501

To be honest, I heard door-to-door sales are absolute **** and it's not worth the hassle.

Best place to look for work is hotels/bars/restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Any one else get a call about an interview for this job

Bars/Hotels and Restaurants only pay a very small wage because you depend on tips to get you paid. Door to door sales pays really well and its handy to sell. Can't go wrong really.

ColinB90 wrote: »
    Bars/Hotels and Restaurants only pay a very small wage because you depend on tips to get you paid. Door to door sales pays really well and its handy to sell. Can't go wrong really.

I disagree.

Have you worked as a waiter/barman? What do you mean by very small wage? The legal minimum wage is 7.65 euro, I have worked as a barman until recently, I made 9.50 an hour, and about 20 euro tips on average. Of course this changes from place to place, but working these kinds of jobs is very handy, hours can be flexible, and you usually pick up new skills (cocktail mixing anyone?)

Door to door sales are terrible for a few reasons:

1) You work on commission, sure you can make hundreds in a week, provided you sell, and sell consistently.

2) Not very good working conditions, you need to walk around, door to door, all day, rain or shine, bad estates, bad neighbourhoods, etc...

3) Fleecing people all day, everyday. I'm sorry, but annoying people isn't my idea of a decent job, may work for some, but the majority of people hate the idea of being sold mops/dish dryers and other trivial junk they don't need.

Don't get me wrong, a job is a job, it puts food on the table at the end of the day - but it's how you feel working it, and ultimately it's your happiness/comfort with it that dictates whether you stay or not.

Door to door sales happen to be one of those jobs that fulfil neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

agree fully with the above poster, door to door sales is very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gavdown

anyone else think collin is working for this place :)

That's your own opinion. The reply was for the people looking for a job in the area. Just because some people don't like the job doesn't mean others wont enjoy it.

ColinB90 wrote: »
    That's your own opinion. The reply was for the people looking for a job in the area. Just because some people don't like the job doesn't mean others wont enjoy it.

I agree, it is my opinion, but I have a slight feeling you might be working for KH marketing.

I got a call from "Excel Marketing" (Can't remember the name exactly) one year ago, and they wanted me to go to an interview in Naas. I was curious so I agreed, but I was puzzled how they got my number and CV. I did some internet research and discovered they are a door to door sales company, the fishy thing is that they themselves never gave a clear description of who they are and what they do, but I found an interesting thread on boards:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861921

I remeber the chap on the phone continuously saying it's a "great business opportunity, a chance to learn marketing skills" and other glitzy catch-phrases reminiscent of a snake-oil salesman.

Perhaps KH is different, but how different can door to door sale be? You're basically fleecing people for cheap crap they don't need.

Again, I apologise if I have come across badly, but I just want people to know what they are potentially getting themselves into. KH may a different kettle of fish altogether, and seeing it is a hard time for young people to find some summer jobs I can understand why they'd give door to door sales a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Celbridge Life

I once responded (perhaps foolishly?) to an ad in a local paper advertising 'work from home' opportunities. I rang the number and this is how I recall the conversation:

Me: Hi, work from home? yep i'm interested, what does it involve?

Them: Ehh, well we can't really explain over the phone, would you like to meet us?...for lunch perhaps, we'd be able to explain it better to you face to face.

Me: You can't explain it voice to voice?...you know give me a short job description?

Them: Not really, look could you meet-

Me: (cutting in) Does it involve selling? Of any kind? Or is this one of these pyramid thingys?

Them: Maybe this isn't for you...goodbye.

I got the feeling they knew as soon as they mentioned 'selling' it was a non runner for most people. Are there any real work from home opportunities out there? (Probably been discussed at length elsewhere I know, but I mean here-locally)

Paul_501 wrote: »
    I agree, it is my opinion, but I have a slight feeling you might be working for KH marketing.

I got a call from "Excel Marketing" (Can't remember the name exactly) one year ago, and they wanted me to go to an interview in Naas. I was curious so I agreed, but I was puzzled how they got my number and CV. I did some internet research and discovered they are a door to door sales company, the fishy thing is that they themselves never gave a clear description of who they are and what they do, but I found an interesting thread on boards:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861921

I remeber the chap on the phone continuously saying it's a "great business opportunity, a chance to learn marketing skills" and other glitzy catch-phrases reminiscent of a snake-oil salesman.

Perhaps KH is different, but how different can door to door sale be? You're basically fleecing people for cheap crap they don't need.

Again, I apologise if I have come across badly, but I just want people to know what they are potentially getting themselves into. KH may a different kettle of fish altogether, and seeing it is a hard time for young people to find some summer jobs I can understand why they'd give door to door sales a go.

I have heard of Excel marketing before and I completely agree with you that it was all a bit fishy. But door to door sales are different with each company. I've heard from a few marketing companies in the past and to be fair, some are trying to get you to sell things to people that they don't want and don't need, but others are trying to provide a service to people. I know people that work for KH and that is how I know that the company is giving people the option of switching providers for a large company, not fleecing people for cheap crap. The best thing I've found in the past is not to judge a book by it's cover. At the end of the day, a job is a job. An opportunity is an opportunity. Try out the different companies before you decide if it's for you or not. For the people that are finding it difficult to get a job then it's a perfect start and it's something to make you money for the summer.

I once responded (perhaps foolishly?) to an ad in a local paper advertising 'work from home' opportunities. I rang the number and this is how I recall the conversation:

Me: Hi, work from home? yep i'm interested, what does it involve?

Them: Ehh, well we can't really explain over the phone, would you like to meet us?...for lunch perhaps, we'd be able to explain it better to you face to face.

Me: You can't explain it voice to voice?...you know give me a short job description?

Them: Not really, look could you meet-

Me: (cutting in) Does it involve selling? Of any kind? Or is this one of these pyramid thingys?

Them: Maybe this isn't for you...goodbye.

I got the feeling they knew as soon as they mentioned 'selling' it was a non runner for most people. Are there any real work from home opportunities out there? (Probably been discussed at length elsewhere I know, but I mean here-locally)

Those work from home opportunities usually are to good to be true unless you've come up with the idea yourself. It sounds like you got a lucky escape from that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I went up to that place in Naas, Excel. Went for interview came out still not knowing, got phone call saying i'd got through to the next stage. I had to go back in next day for a trial day. Well it turn out they wanted me to walk around a estate from 10 till 8 at night didn't get back to place till 9 then they wanted us to process the forms etc so would of been there till god knows when. Was talking to few people who worked there and my trainer was bragging how much she made a week 7/8 hundred on bad week. But some of the others had been there for 2/3 weeks without a single sale. I got told that evening I had the job but told them I didn't want it.

They wanted us to get people to sign up for a direct debit to a really well known charity and you'd get €35/€40 commission for each person who signed up € 20 odd a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xoaudhep

I'm the same, looking for a job everywhere! If anyone gets info on jobs available or coming up in Naas or surrounding areas it would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The bus service from Naas to Dublin is great so you could probably search there too. Probably more likely to find something if you can expand your search area a bit.

Best of luck with the job hunting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

There is a movement for finding jobs on twitter.
    Search #jobfairy

New ladies clothes shop in superquinn shopping center Lucan have a notice for exeperienced staff in window.Just up from the Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

How good are you with computers, HP are always look for people , CPL do their recruitment .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 emergingwriter

Any leads for a summer job for a digital media student in or around Maynooth? Media or summer camps or bar work or shop work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Adam1992

I had an interview with KH Marketing. They only sell Airtricity door to door. You work from 12 till 9 and you get 26euro per sale that you make. But I feel its way too much hassel annoying people for a living when you dont have a gauranteed income. Id rather work from 9 till 5 knowing that Im actually getting paid. Commission is nothing but a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Part time equestrian work wanted,Maynooth,celbridge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nej

CPL is your best bet, the run a call centre on site for HP, mostly they recruit people with languages but every so often they recruit English only speakers, if your willing to work hard have a bit of initiative and can follow processes you'll get on well. Check cpljobs.ie and give their recruitment office in town a buzz.

Cafe in Lucan village have a sign up looking for part time staff, I noticed it when I passed by on the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Advertisement