Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Celbridge, Maynooth, Leixlip, Lucan...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 undertheduvet

Just went for an interview in KH Marketing in Celbridge and dear god!! The place is a small office above a chinese takeaway. If that wasn't bad enough they only do airtricity door to door and it's commission only. I caught a glimpse of the office with about 30 people packed into it and it's a filthy wooden floor filled with holes and dirty, worn out yellow walls. To top it off the guy doing the interview was useless. Worst interviewer I've ever come across anyway. Don't think I'll be taking that job up anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Commission only? That's got to be illegal!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Commission only? That's got to be illegal!

Sadly it's not illegal. It's basically a way for companies to get people to do the hard work and long hours without having to pay them. I was told the reason behind it is that it allows the salesperson to decide how much money they want to make in a day! Load of bull if ya ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paul_501

Just went for an interview in KH Marketing in Celbridge and dear god!! The place is a small office above a chinese takeaway. If that wasn't bad enough they only do airtricity door to door and it's commission only. I caught a glimpse of the office with about 30 people packed into it and it's a filthy wooden floor filled with holes and dirty, worn out yellow walls. To top it off the guy doing the interview was useless. Worst interviewer I've ever come across anyway. Don't think I'll be taking that job up anyway!!

Thank you undertheduvet, for doing a little investigative work and finding out what this company is really about.

If you read the first few pages of this thread you'd see that our friend Colin, is trying to paint a picture of KH as some sort revolutionary door to door sales company, and I'm totally unsurprised that his claim fell flat on it's arse.

All commission, door to door sales work in Ireland is utter crap, all of it, it's not a real job, it's a sh*tty scam designed to peddle useless junk nobody in their right minds needs or wants. Your post confirmed everything about KH.

Same ****, different name.

Paul_501 wrote: »
    Thank you undertheduvet, for doing a little investigative work and finding out what this company is really about.

If you read the first few pages of this thread you'd see that our friend Colin, is trying to paint a picture of KH as some sort revolutionary door to door sales company, and I'm totally unsurprised that his claim fell flat on it's arse.

All commission, door to door sales work in Ireland is utter crap, all of it, it's not a real job, it's a sh*tty scam designed to peddle useless junk nobody in their right minds needs or wants. Your post confirmed everything about KH.

I agree. I think it's about time someone started a group or something along those lines to tell people to stop buying from door to door sales people and that way companies like KH will be put out of business and stop what is basically slave labour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

5C0634AB13174B71A22D625C139BC225-0000314402-0002479162-00640L-4636DD92533743A2A37B1C8EA3C9DD93.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Paul_501 wrote: »

well at least airtricity is something known and reasonably reputable with an actual real saving form ESB. Much better than most door to doors selling mad stuff.

Also 26 euro commission per sale, must be some people cleaning up. Haevn't they got 400,000 people to change so far primarily through door to door.
    I imagine theres easily people out there doing 50 sales a week

Compak wrote: »
    well at least airtricity is something known and reasonably reputable with an actual real saving form ESB. Much better than most door to doors selling mad stuff.

Also 26 euro commission per sale, must be some people cleaning up. Haevn't they got 400,000 people to change so far primarily through door to door.
    I imagine theres easily people out there doing 50 sales a week

Someone missed the news this week.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0816/breaking47.html

Also, am I right in that you're saying it's ok for them to rip off employees because you deem them a reputable company? It's ridiculous logic. I was considering switching to airtricity but after seeing this thread and how they treat their staff I definitely wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Someone missed the news this week.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0816/breaking47.html

Also, am I right in that you're saying it's ok for them to rip off employees because you deem them a reputable company? It's ridiculous logic. I was considering switching to airtricity but after seeing this thread and how they treat their staff I definitely wouldn't.

Yah I missed the news. Ironic that I'm purported to have ridiculous logic from the very person that was about to change to them, so must have presumed them reliable also.

I was informed that if I switched there was a 10% guaranteed versus ESB. If I was misinformed, hence be it.

I see Bord Gais, applying to raise prices 28% in same said article.

Rip off employees? Dont see that in the article, if the reported €26 stands per sale I stand by the premise that people could absolutely clean up. When I worked in sales, granted I got minimum wage standard, but that didnt account for me getting one of the highest wage brackets going.

Youre either good at sales or you're not, noones forcing anyone to take the job. If you can't make sales any company would let you go anyway.

I didn't presume them reliable. Whatever that means. What I read on here about their lack of a basic minimum wage for their sub-contracted employees changed my mind. Before that I knew nothing about the company bar their cheaper prices. And judging by that article, in the long run, the ESB will still provide best value.

Anyway, I expect employees of any company to have basic rights, like a minimum working wage. You know, so they can pay rent and feed themselves and all that jazz. The "no one forced you to take the job" argument is commonly wheeled out by those who don't have to endure the conditions of poor working standards. Some people are ripe for exploitation. And some people consider that explotation criminal. You clearly don't and I clearly do so we'll leave it there.

• Advertisement

Part time job advertised in window of Pulse Manor mills Maynooth.

155C007401EA46B3BBEDEEDE3C31FBF9-0000314402-0002543310-00640L-AC7C5E2333BA41518BB20E78DC4AC6AA.jpg

Job in cafe in Abbylands Clane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

A tip to everyone applying for a job. Spend an hour on your cv on each and every job you apply for. Do not use a generic cv, but understand what the job advertised entails and concentrate your cv on how you are the ideal person for that specific job.

you'll get a better interview rate and hopefully land a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ColinB90

eliza64 wrote: »
    155C007401EA46B3BBEDEEDE3C31FBF9-0000314402-0002543310-00640L-AC7C5E2333BA41518BB20E78DC4AC6AA.jpg

Job in cafe in Abbylands Clane.

Eliza, you are brilliant. I applied for one of the jobs you posted and got it. Only found out about it thanks to you. Thanks a million.

ColinB90 wrote: »
    Eliza, you are brilliant. I applied for one of the jobs you posted and got it. Only found out about it thanks to you. Thanks a million.

That's great news, thank you for letting me know.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Not sure if this has been posted already but its updated regularly with jobs available in Celbridge http://www.celbridgeonline.ie/jobs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GrahamTH

I passed the new Lidl this morning and they were putting up a banner saying "recruiting now". Anyone interested should head down there.

Cheers

Supervalu in Maynooth are looking for cashiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Keep putting your CV into HP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Keep putting your CV into HP.

I work in HP. I don't know what sort of job you're looking for. But all factory workers are contractors as are a lot of other positions. Otherwise, as everywhere, experience, experience, experience.

One of the contractor company's is Manpower, I was speaking to them last month about a job for my eldest (She's 18), again, only hire experienced people.

• Advertisement

997030956F4D472282BFB1AD8E9E6048-0000314402-0002712522-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Eurospar Barnhall

@TheCaterers
    TheCaterers
    The Restaurant at the West Wing (Castletown House) is due to re-open on the 16th March. We are looking for experienced staff.

From Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Hmmm..experience required but not neccessary? Somebody got confused with 'desired'.

The computer accessory shop (not sure exactly what you'd call it) beside Dunnes in Manor Mills has a 'sales assistants wanted. apply within' sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OLGA12

Hi all!! so I"m looking for a cleaner or any job in Celbrigde,Lucan or Maynooth. So anybody know anything? an information will helps me. thank you!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I saw a few jobs advertised earlier when I was out...

Cafe Bon Bon
    Carraig Donn
    New mens wear shop in Manor MIlls.

I forget where I saw the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Durga Yoga in Maynooth (Doctor's lane) have put this in today's email newsletter:
    Cleaner and Receptionist wanted for our studio in Maynooth. If you are interested in either of these jobs please send an email to info@durga.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alfie1010

Hey, anyone know of any jobs in Maynooth, celbridge , or kilcock area ? :)

alfie1010 wrote: »
    Hey, anyone know of any jobs in Maynooth, celbridge , or kilcock area ? :)

What type of job you looking for?
    http://www.celbridgeonline.ie/noticeboard.php had a few on Facebook today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Part-time job going in Finesse, Maynooth

Advertisement