Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats on?

Options
  • 01-06-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

me and the missus headin to cork this bank holiday weekend.any live music on anywhere or decent cover bands anywhere? any ideas folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

If ye are coming down today on some off chance 0 Emperor or on in the pavillion saw them a month ago and they are a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

I hope you have a great time in the real capital!

Check out whazon.com and go to live music section on cork for a good list of gigs. Hot guitars on in Charlies Friday night and they pretty good. Nice bar too.

There is an Ocean to City boat race on Saturday so I expect there would be a bit happening along the quays from The Clarion down the river. Should be a good atmosphere there.

Mad Pride festival is a mental health awareness festival and that is on in Fitzgerald's Park which should be well worth checking out.

If you going to West Cork then Cork X South West on in Skibb - great bands there but tickets not cheap.

Enjoy your stay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

There is also a beer festival on at the Franciscan Well. I doubt there will be bands but lots of craft beers if that is of any interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

There are always bands on in reardans. Fridays and Sundays.
    Lee Evans is also in the opera house, if you have any interest.
    Enjoy your weekend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭larchielads

thanks for the replys lads gonna see if lee evans is sold out if not might chance goin to see him. not goin to cork til saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭larchielads

thanks for the tip cadyboo just got lee evans tickets for sat!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

jujibee wrote: »
    There is also a beer festival on at the Franciscan Well. I doubt there will be bands but lots of craft beers if that is of any interest.

Thanks for the heads up jujibee. I had no idea that this was on.
    Now I know how I'm gonna be spending my bank holiday weekend...

Advertisement