Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Notebook driving me mad

• 01-06-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Alright lads,

Got a laptop to sort out for a friend of mine, its a HP Pavilion dv6-3065ea Entertainment Notebook PC

the touchpad on the notebook isnt working AT ALL. theres no light indicating its on, under the mouse settings theres no "Device Settings" as there would be with majority of notebooks.

In device manager i have to click show hidden devices and i see Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad with a yellow triangle and black exclamation mark.

In the device properties it says "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)"

I have USB mouse plugged into it at the moment to get me by, i tried downloading Synaptics drivers from HP for this model notebook. they install but then it says something about please uninstall them and install external drivers.

I am close to tearing my hair out here, thats not a good sign as i dont have much hair. i will buy somebody a few pints if they can work a miracle with this! :(:(:(

Sorry for the long post but said ill give as much detail as possible. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Tried System Restore to a point before the issue arose ? If that doesnt/didnt work I'd uninstal in Device Manager and reboot etc ..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

You could try installing generic synaptics drivers from here

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Make sure to select the correct OS and architecture at the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Is the touchpad turned off?

See http://www.ehow.com/how_5756772_disable-touchpad-hp-pavilion-laptop.html

Some HP Pavilion laptops feature an on/off switch for the touchpad. Look for the switch near the touchpad. Press the button, if available.

Otherwise, click on "Start," then "Control Panel." Choose "Classic View" in the left column if it is not already selected. Double-click the "Mouse" icon. Click "Enable."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

you can download the drivers from hp,s website, theres a tiny switch at the front ,turns on the touchpad, meanwhile use a usb mouse.At least its on the dv6000 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Simply turning off the touchpad via the switch wouldn't cause that message in Device manager though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement