Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UV Body Paint?

• 01-06-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I can buy some UV Body/Face Paint in Limerick? Going to a festival next weekend and wanted some to paint ourselves.

Was thinking the magic shop on Cecil Street might have some?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Try New Look, Ive gotten it there before (not in the Limerick branch though but I'm pretty sure there's a stand at the bottom of the stairs there with all the Neon make-up etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just so you know, washing up liquid has a higher UV index that actual UV paint :)

So you just lash a bit if washing up liquid over yourself and you'll glow like a mad yoke when you go to the dishco?! Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Haha I'd say tis better to have the neon colour to it, splurting fairy liquid might just leave you looking like an extra from CSI if you get my drift...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfU25vRpLxA

langdang wrote: »
    Haha I'd say tis better to have the neon colour to it, splurting fairy liquid might just leave you looking like an extra from CSI if you get my drift...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfU25vRpLxA

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Oh I lol'd

I was going for something a little more along these lines...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So you just lash a bit if washing up liquid over yourself and you'll glow like a mad yoke when you go to the dishco?! Cool!

Good technique for UV nights in The Lodge! Cheap white tee, throw on whatever design/patter and head out!! It's grabd coz you don't need to worry about destroying anything you have that's white coz UVpaint takes FOREVER to come out of clothes =/

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    UVpaint takes FOREVER to come out of clothes =/

if you treat the paint like a big dirty grease spot and cover it with fairy liquid before washing it comes out first time.
    mine took 2 runs through the machine tho.
    and i dont know how the shirt will look under UV now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

you can also get some glow sticks in the euro store (I can't remember exactly but they should be €2 for 20 or so) and on the night break them open and splash on to your t-shirt - this stuff isn't good for you so don't recommend you put it on your skin (even though I have myself in the past....) and be very careful of your eyes

I also discovered if you link about three of them together in a big loop and spin it really fast around your wrist above your head you get a really cool effect, I wasn't drinking as my last UV party so had to amuse myself

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

oh and they fade s of you'll probably get a few hours out the stuff in the glow sticks but you won't see much of it the next day :D

Advertisement