Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quorn seasoning- 'so juicy'?

Options
  • 01-06-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I've been dying to try that seasoning called 'so juicey' ever since i saw the ads on telly. Its the stuff you cook in a bag in the oven. Its made for chicken to cook in its own juices but id love to try it with quorn chicken pieces or fillets. just wanted to know if anyone had it before or thinks it would be worth trying. The reason im worried about trying it is that i don't think quorn really has any 'juice' in it and it could be an epic fail! maybe i could get some and add a little oil or water before cooking? any suggestions? ps does anyone have suggestions for some kind of marinade or a nice way of cooking quorn fillets? I'd love some suggestions for how to spice it up a bit :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Yeah I tried that mix and it was very popular. I defrosted the fillets first and I didn't add oil. They were fine, some fillets were more coated than others but a bit of a shake would cure that! I've used them with BBQ/Garlic type marinades before (with risotto) and they work well there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babouska

Good to hear, I've been meaning to try it too but was unsure as to whether it would be successful or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

I'v been dying to try it too.. The add makes it look so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I tried it a few weeks back, and I did'nt enjoy it atall :( I couldnt eat more than a couple of mouthfuls coz it was just so salty, I drank alot of water the rest of the day! But I know people who have tried it with 'real' chicken and found it lovely, it must be the juice from the chicken that makes it tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 R.M.

I just tried it today and was quite disappointed. I had the garlic one. Only used a very small amount of the powder and it was really strong and way too salty. Yeah i think its cos quorn doesn't produce any juice to dilute it or something. Maybe the herb or paprika would be nicer and if oil was added..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I love making this with the Knorr Shake bags, they're yum!

Only tried one of the so juicy ones, it was grand but prefer the other shake bags, I just always roast the potatoes separate as they cook slower than the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I've often wondered about marinading quorn, but with them being frozen I'm a bit iffy in dousing them in Teriyaki or something for a few hours. Does anyone marinade them, or am I right to think it's an oddball idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

yep, I defrost them, score them and marinade them in anything herby, garlic or bbq. Great with risotto. Bake 'em in sauce with roast potatoes and veg too.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

Tried the knor season and shake last night, the Mediterranean vegetable flavour.. it was so good!! Defrosted the quorn fillets first, added loads of veg (peppers, courgettes, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes) and added a small bit of water.. Cooked for half an hour and had it with rice.. Usually i'm not a fan of quorn but that was sooo good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

I actually just came here to post the same question! Great minds and all that :P

I really wanna try it too but I have a feeling it would be so dry! Gonna try the knorr one tomorrow and let ye know how I get on but I'm really not expecting much :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement