Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum links on top of page disappeared

Options
  • 02-06-2011 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

When I visited the Rock & Metal forum, I noticed that the forum links were not on the top of the page. I tried going back to the home page, logging in, checking other forums, and restarting my browser but they are still gone. My account has the minimalist skin set, and I was using Chrome when I encountered the problem. I checked on Firefox and the forum links are present, so it seems to be an issue with Chrome.

pageyp.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Same for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Gone for me too. Also minimalist skin. I found this thread from the main page :D.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Nope, it's an issue with Firefox as well, they're gone for me too. I'm on FF 4.0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Zaph wrote: »
    Nope, it's an issue with Firefox as well, they're gone for me too. I'm on FF 4.0.1

Odd. I am using Firefox 4.0.1 now and they are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I'm using FireFox 4 and it is missing also

15119230181.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm on Firefox 4.0.1 at www.boards.ie and they're not there.

Switched to the beta skin and have the links now. Go to CP > Edit Options > Forum Skin. Hope it gets sorted soon, I hate beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It isn't just a Firefox issue, it's an issue with all browsers - I've tried it on Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE (three of which have never visited boards before).

There's a problem with the Javascript that builds the menu. A new forum appears to have messed up the JS; Web Developer extension reporting the following:
    Error: unterminated string literal
    Source File: http://b-static.net/javascript/dhtmlmenu.js?v=1306972339
    Line: 102, Column: 3
    Source Code:
    aI("text=A/R/T Mods;url=/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1485;status=A/R/T Mods Forum  

The actual JS code
    with(milonic=new menuname("New Forums")){style=style1;itemwidth=150;overflow="scroll";
    aI("text=A/R/T Mods;url=/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1485;status=A/R/T Mods Forum
    [PRIVATE];title=A/R/T Mods Forum
    [PRIVATE];");
    aI("text=Camping Locations;url=/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1484;status=;title=;");
    aI("text=O2;url=/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1481;status=;title=;");
    aI("text=Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas;url=/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1480;status=Description: The Silver Surfers Shady Pines Lodge, a place for the chronologically challenged.;title=Description: The Silver Surfers Shady Pines Lodge, a place for the chronologically challenged.;");
    aI("text=O2;url=/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1479;status=Talk to O2.;title=Talk to O2.;");
    }

I just had a check to see who's online that might be able to fix this, but unfortunately none of the obvious candidates are around. I'll PM a link to this thread to them and hopefully one of them will see it soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

The drop down menus had stopped working on Firefox for me, but they are back again. Still no joy with Chrome tho.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement