Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a recommendation for dentist for new false teeth

Options
  • 02-06-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

My DH's top teeth are false and he urgently needs a new set/plate or whatever it is called!

He got his present ones at the dental hospital in CUH but they never fitted comfortably and now they keep slipping after only about 2 and a half years. He has decided to replace them but does not know where to start looking.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated as he's at his wit's end with these ones!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Martin McDonnell in Togher is a superb dentist. Close to the city centre too.

Address:
    St. Veronicas, Togher Road, Cork.

Phone:
    (021) 496 7980

Sure you might as well give him a call and see what he can do anyway... he'll have ya sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

Thanks for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

nolo1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation!

why not try the dental hospital again? he may just need to get them relined. if there's something wrong with the dentures then he should go back and get them sorted. happens all the time.
    + as far as i know, full dentures are free there.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

I don't think he will go back to the Dental Hospital, Ballsymchugh.

He should really have gone back a couple of months after they were fitted, when he first realised that there was something wrong with them.

Now it's probably too late as the dentures didn't line up properly with his lower teeth and the plate is now almost worn away on both sides, from his lower teeth hitting it when he eats.

I know it's his own fault for not dealing with it at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it's never too late. there's no point in him going around with uncomfortable dentures and the students will need patients too.

it'd be easy to get back in for the new groups in august or september.

• Advertisement
Advertisement