Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edamame

Options
  • 02-06-2011 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

My fiancee is American and loves edamame but unless we eat out in Yamamori she can't have it because I have no idea where to get it. I have tried all the major supermarkets Tesco, Dunnes, M&S and Superquinn but with no luck. She says it's really easy to get in the states. Anybody got any idea where I can get some in or around the city centre?

Also I heard Tesco Jervis stock the Quorn deli slices, can anyone confirm that?

Thanking you all in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The Asian Market on Drury Street is where I get mine. Here's some Google map info. It's in the freezer section, at the very back, you'll find it in a green-ish bag that looks kind of like this:

frozen_edamame.jpg

Yum. The Oriental Emporium in Jervis also stock it!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Restore, Camden St. started stocking them and Down to Earth, on South Great Georges St. have them too - look in the freezers. The canned Edamame I've found has all been gack.

I haven't checked Jervis St. lately but I've found both the Quorn (?smoked?) ham and roast chicken slices in mount Merrion. No sign of the Quorn pate there though - staff there didn't know about it, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Oriental store at the Jervis Luas stop. They have then in the pod and shelled in the freezers but are not always in stock.

They do the shelled ones in Superquinn too - Birds Eye do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

Thank you so much, guys. I can't wait to surprise her with this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

Went into Asia Market today and they had the edamame, I also found a lot of other awesome stuff. After that I went to Tesco Jervis and found the Quorn smoked ham style slices. Thank you everyone.

• Advertisement

Good stuff! Enjoy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh it might have been edamame we had in yamamori, thought it was peas!

^ peasant ;)

Yes it would have been them and not peas! They are yum arent they!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it was a giant bowl and i liked the first one or two but then hated them as they just took forever to eat and were so chewy!
    I got a 'bento box' and I feel sick thinking about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Chewy? Edamame shouldn't be chewy! They should be tender and delicious.

... you did remove them from the pods before you ate them didn't you?!

• Advertisement

For some of them I did...after I was fed up of eating the pods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

those weren't snap peas in yamamoris? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Finally know where to get these. They haven't had them in Jervis for ages (or at least every time I've been in). Thanks for the info.

Advertisement