Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Linkshare ?

Options
  • 02-06-2011 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am working for a retailer (very small) and they have asked me look into using http://www.linkshare.co.uk/ as a means to drum up trade.

I am so over my head its funny, I am a building QS by trade.

In a simple paragraph what the hell is Linkshare?

Thanks, I need as much help as possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

in a nutshell

"We offer expert management of your search marketing investments, comprehensive campaign management for lead generation, and a wide range of solutions for establishing and growing successful affiliate marketing programs."

Basically similar to adsense / adwords which should allow you to advertise your wares on other peoples sites. It works based on paying a percentage of sales to someone who hosts a general site hosting your link. When the customers click on one of your links and buy something you pay the linksharing site a percentage of sales. one example of mine is

"3% of Sale
    Baseline Commission
    3% of Sale
    Computers, Software and Electronics
    6% of Sale
    Books, Home & Outdoor, Music, Office Supplies, Wine
    7% of Sale
    Bags, Baby & Toy, Musical Instruments, Sports, Video Games
    8% of Sale
    Clothing & Shoes, Movies
    9% of Sale
    Health & Beauty, Home Essentials, Pet Supplies
    10% of Sale
    Jewelry, Everything Else"

Personally I prefer adsense as the analytics tools are so indepth.

Advertisement