Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Box

• 02-06-2011 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

i may have this in the wrong place, however there is something wrong with the TV system in my mam and dads house, all stations received trough the analogue aerial have gone except for the Irish ones, this could be due to the switch to Digital i am unsure, we live just south of Dundalk in County Louth.
    They have a sky box which is working but only on the TV in the sitting room, i want to run this around the house, kitchen etc so they have something to watch at least until we can afford a freesat box.
    However when i conected the Aerial out to the spiter box (has a plug on it to the mains, so i assume it has a built in booster) it still does not send the signal to the other TVs, is there a setting on the sky box which i have to change, the sky box is not plus or anything fancy like that, its the old pale grey/silver one.
    I was told to press "services the 4 the 0 then 1" in quick sequence, but this just brings me into the add a station, frequency, and change 11.778 to 0.1, i was nervous to press the OK button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

You dont need to do anything on the skybox unless you are going to use magic eyes in the other rooms to change the sky channels from these other rooms or unless you need to change the rf output channel from the skybox if it was causing inteference.
    You do need to tune in the other tvs to recieve the rf sky signal that is being sent from the skybox via the splitter to the other tv,s or you will not see a picture. Have you done this? Dont forget to have the skybox turned on while you do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭mickward

Hi Jonnygee,

Yes i have tried to tune in the stations on the other TV's in the house, but to no avail, i was told i had to change the output station of the sky box, do you know is this correct and how do i do this, at this point i am really going to have to get in the professionals just cant afford too until end of next week (pay day).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

The aerial cable goes from the aerial to the back of the skybox rf in. From there a cable now carrying the aerial and sky signals combined goes from rf2 output to the input on the distribution box (splitter) and this is distributed around the house.
    Rf 1 output can be used for the tv beside the skybox, depends on what way the house is cabled.
    Are you sure it is a distribution box and not a power supply for an aerial amplifier?
    Check the label on the back of your splitter box to see what it is exactly.
    Dont change anything on the skybox.

Advertisement