Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney Spears - O2 Dublin - Oct. 24th

Options
  • 02-06-2011 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

She is playing the O2 Oct 24th and the odessey Belfast on the 25th. Can't wait. Tickets are €54.80 - €91.25! Cheaper than the circus tour which is cool. VIP packages are rumoured to be 540€! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Who?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Shes a mess, cant sing live, cant dance for ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I used to like Britney.

I would go if I someone could guarantee me she will sing for once.

I know a girl who went to the Circus tour and she felt ripped off because the whole performance was miming.

But if you like her music, by all means go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

Yes her show is great.
    Highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Shes not singing live during this concert, just to add. :(

We're also being ripped off, for a similar price in the US, they get Britney and Nicki Minaj. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Shes not singing live during this concert [...]

source?

She sent a rehearsal from it onto her Twitter, it's just playback as usual.

She's also been doing promo live performances for it, all with playback, she doesn't even bother to try and make it look real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BigFatBass

Ye although she uses playback it is still one of the greatest pop shows you can see. If you want LIVE music don't go. But if you want to be entertained by a pop superstar using fire, magic and an amazing show then there is no better place. Also I think she will do at least one song live on this tour. She usually does (except for the circus tour).

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

BigFatBass wrote: »
    Ye although she uses playback it is still one of the greatest pop shows you can see. If you want LIVE music don't go. But if you want to be entertained by a pop superstar using fire, magic and an amazing show then there is no better place. Also I think she will do at least one song live on this tour. She usually does (except for the circus tour).

The youth of today, is there any hope? Yeah right, pay up to €91 to watch some tart mime.:eek:

There is still real music being made you know? Apologies if you are a 12 year old, at least you have a bit of an excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

This concert is one instance where you literally might as well stay at home and listen to the CD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The circus down the road is a hell of a lot cheaper, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭bren2001

I read a report a while back saying she was planning to actually sing. I don't believe it myself nor do I care but...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Going by her videos, I don't think she'd even give a good performance. She's definitely lost her spark. She hardly dances in her videos any more and any dancing she does is done half heartedly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I can't decide whether or not to buy tickets. She is one of my favorite artists ever and I need to see her at least in once before she retires but I normally refuse to pay those prices on principal. Plus she doesn't seem to have her heart in it anymore. I think I'll wait and see how the US tour goes first. Jealous of everyone who gets the VIP package.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 traymad

Tickets are €54.80 - €91.25! :D

Anyone know if the 54.80 is standing tickets price!!

^Ye i reckon those prices are for the standing tickets they usually are. :D
    The youth of today, is there any hope? Yeah right, pay up to €91 to watch some tart mime.:eek:

There is still real music being made you know? Apologies if you are a 12 year old, at least you have a bit of an excuse.

This comment really annoyed me. I understand people aren't always gonna be Brit fans but this is just damn stupid. I'm not 12, I'm 20. To insult an entire generation just because they like Britney is not only stupid but also just show's you have NO idea what you are talking about. Britney puts on one hell of a show, even though not a LIVE musical show. You go to a Britney SHOW for the entertainment not for the music. She doesn't sing every song live but she does sing a few and those that she does sing are usually very good vocally. And i'm guessing this "real music" you are referring to is some sort indie music that no is too "cool" to be liked or else it would just become mainstream?

^Ye i reckon those prices are for the standing tickets they usually are. :D

This comment really annoyed me. I understand people aren't always gonna be Brit fans but this is just damn stupid. I'm not 12, I'm 20. To insult an entire generation just because they like Britney is not only stupid but also just show's you have NO idea what you are talking about. Britney puts on one hell of a show, even though not a LIVE musical show. You go to a Britney SHOW for the entertainment not for the music. She doesn't sing every song live but she does sing a few and those that she does sing are usually very good vocally. And i'm guessing this "real music" you are referring to is some sort indie music that no is too "cool" to be liked or else it would just become mainstream?

54.80 will be the seats right at the back of the O2.

Standing tickets will be around 80 euro, I'd imagine.

Btw on Britney's last tour she didn't sing a "few" songs live. She talked over Everytime because it's her easiest song to sing because all she has to do is mumble a few keys. You've got to face it, Britney's past it, she's like the modern Whitney Houston.. Except worse..

54.80 will be the seats right at the back of the O2.

Standing tickets will be around 80 euro, I'd imagine.

Btw on Britney's last tour she didn't sing a "few" songs live. She talked over Everytime because it's her easiest song to sing because all she has to do is mumble a few keys. You've got to face it, Britney's past it, she's like the modern Whitney Houston.. Except worse..

Oh you think standing will be around 80? OK ill have to get some more money together than ha! Did you go to the circus tour? She sang Everytime and the sound off at every show, and then you oughta know at some. She also sings over the backing track for other songs mainly for boys and sometimes circus and womanizer (although i do admit it was rare lol). I do get what you mean about being past it. Admittedly she wasn't her best during the circus tour but it was A LOT better than Whitney. ha!

Oh you think standing will be around 80? OK ill have to get some more money together than ha! Did you go to the circus tour? She sang Everytime and the sound off at every show, and then you oughta know at some. She also sings over the backing track for other songs mainly for boys and sometimes circus and womanizer (although i do admit it was rare lol). I do get what you mean about being past it. Admittedly she wasn't her best during the circus tour but it was A LOT better than Whitney. ha!

I was, but I had free tickets.. :) Admittedly, she puts on a good show, but for the price you're paying for her tickets, it's just not worth it to go see her without her performing live. She has the voice, why won't she use it?

I was, but I had free tickets.. :) Admittedly, she puts on a good show, but for the price you're paying for her tickets, it's just not worth it to go see her without her performing live. She has the voice, why won't she use it?

I know I agree iId LOVE if she sang, cause i know she can like. When she does she always gets good reviews but she seems to just be too nervous to sing completely live without any playback. How did you manage free tickets?

• Advertisement

Actually one other thing. Just so people know, although they don't do it as much as Britney 90% of pop show's involve lip syncing and backing tracks. Britney just uses it more than others and doesn't bother to rerecord the songs so they sound live. They literally use the CD versions ha!

I know I agree iId LOVE if she sang, cause i know she can like. When she does she always gets good reviews but she seems to just be too nervous to sing completely live without any playback. How did you manage free tickets?

Ah yeah, if only she went back to her "Lucky" days.. :(

I won them. :)

Ah yeah, if only she went back to her "Lucky" days.. :(

I won them. :)

Wow! Thats good were they good seats? VIP or anything? I'm so jealous! I think this was probs her best vocal performance on the circus tour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RMdQUuDCWI

Wow! Thats good were they good seats? VIP or anything? I'm so jealous! I think this was probs her best vocal performance on the circus tour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RMdQUuDCWI

Nah just regular seats! They were fairly good though. :)

Nothing can beat the days of these tours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4BwuNeKT6A

Nah just regular seats! They were fairly good though. :)

Nothing can beat the days of these tours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4BwuNeKT6A

Ye good old oops days! :( Only thing is she wasn't singing then either lol! Those vocals were pre recorded......

Ye good old oops days! :( Only thing is she wasn't singing then either lol! Those vocals were pre recorded......

Ah! :P

I'll consider going if I can get my hands on the 50 euro tickets, it'd be worth that for the show that'll get put on and the atmosphere..

Ah! :P

I'll consider going if I can get my hands on the 50 euro tickets, it'd be worth that for the show that'll get put on and the atmosphere..

Ye do! And i doubt they will sell out instantly so you can always wait till next week when the US tour starts and see what its like! And then buy tix. Really hope standing arent too expensive!

Ye do! And i doubt they will sell out instantly so you can always wait till next week when the US tour starts and see what its like! And then buy tix. Really hope standing arent too expensive!

Yeah I'm going to hold out for the setlist (I've my leaving anyway so I won't be on Friday morning to get them! :P) and if she sings some of her old songs/ballads I'll definitely get a ticket!

Yeah I'm going to hold out for the setlist (I've my leaving anyway so I won't be on Friday morning to get them! :P) and if she sings some of her old songs/ballads I'll definitely get a ticket!

Haha sound's like a plan! Good luck in the leaving! :P

• Advertisement

Haha sound's like a plan! Good luck in the leaving! :P

Advertisement