Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney Spears - O2 Dublin - Oct. 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Just letting you know fan presale has started.....
    The code is fatale!!
    Got my 2 standing this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

In terms of her back catalogue it's probably the ideal time to go see her imo.

Would love to but don't think I'll ever gather up to courage to go to a Britney concert on my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BigFatBass

OMG meet and greets are already sold out! :O Just bought 2 standing tix! eek can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got seats in front row of L. Very happy with them! Roll on 24th Oct!

Here is a preview of the stage and you can see from her reactions she is really into it which is very exciting! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8jFk6LGj4I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

BigFatBass wrote: »
    Here is a preview of the stage and you can see from her reactions she is really into it which is very exciting! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8jFk6LGj4I

She is adorable. I love her. :D

I've decided I'm going to get tickets to this. Just need to find the money, I'll have to go on my own seen as noone I know will come. How much are standing tickets?

nommm wrote: »
    She is adorable. I love her. :D

I've decided I'm going to get tickets to this. Just need to find the money, I'll have to go on my own seen as noone I know will come. How much are standing tickets?

I know she looked so cute! Standing was €77 including fees! SO gonna be worth it tho! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Very dear for a mime artist :rolleyes:

She sang 40% of the show at the dress rehearsals last night! Some amazing songs on the setlist. I hope this doesn't sell out soon, I need to find money!:(

nommm wrote: »
    She sang 40% of the show at the dress rehearsals last night! Some amazing songs on the setlist. I hope this doesn't sell out soon, I need to find money!:(

I know! 40% LIVE!!! AND she sand he about to lose me! :O This is the general jist of the setlist! Probs be a few changes before opening night! ;)

Hold It Against Me

Piece Of Me

How I Roll

Up N’ Down

(Drop Dead) Beautiful

Unusual You

Lace & Leather

He About To Lose Me

Gimme More

If U Seek Amy

Boys

Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know

I Wanna Go

I’m A Slave 4 U

Toxic

Burning Up (Madonna Cover)

Till The World Ends

+

Baby One More Time

Oops!… I Did It Again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I went to see the Circus tour and I think it was only one song she sang live!! Now, while this was disappointing she did sing that one song quite well and it was a fantastic show, she is an amazing performer!! It was quite expensive though, I don't think I'll be going to this one, seen her once, probably no need to see her again!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vivagora

I was going to purchase tickets as Ill be living in Dublin anyway but the cheapest tickets are sold out and Im not too keen on paying €77 for a setlist of 21/23 songs given an encore or two. Setlist isnt the best mix of her songs so think Ill wait for greatest hits tour as no doubt there will be!

I agree with comments above that she looks tired and sick of doing it but I dont blame her. Every new video focuses less and less on her dancing which used to be an integral part of her performances. Love her songs although I think its crazy to pay so much for backstage access or meet and greets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Yeah I don't like the setlist at all either, definitely not going now, it's based solely upon Femme Fatale.. :(

Here is the finalized setlist:
    1) Hold It Against Me
    2) Up N’ Down
    3) 3
    4) Piece of Me
    5) How I Roll
    6) Big Fat Bass
    7) Lace and Leather
    8) If You Seek Amy
    9) Gimme More
    10) Drop Dead Beautiful
    11) He About To Lose Me
    12) Boys (Remix)
    13) Don’t Let Me The Last To Know
    14) Baby One More Time
    15) S&M
    16) Trouble For Me
    17) I’m A Slave 4 U
    18) Burning Up (Madonna cover)
    19) I Wanna Go
    20) Womanizer
    21) Toxic
    22) Till The World Ends

And I wouldn't be waiting for a greatest hits tour cause it will be a long time i'd say. She has never done one before yet she has had 2 greatest hits albums. I think she mainly tours to promote albums! ;)

A greatest hits tour sounds horrible to me. A retrospective Blackout tour on the other hand would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a324594/nicki-minaj-wont-open-britney-spears-europe-tour.html

Nicki Minaj will not open for Britney Spears on the European leg of the 'Femme Fatale' tour.

Spears confirmed in April that Minaj would join Nero and Jessie and the Toy Boys as support acts on her North American concerts, which kick off on June 16 in Sacramento, CA.

Minaj revealed last week that she is currently spending much of her time preparing for the opening night of the 'Femme Fatale' tour, promising fans that she will "incorporate theatre and dance" into her performances.

The 'Moment 4 Life' rapper has taken to her official Facebook page to insist that she has no plans to stay on when Spears travels to Europe in the autumn.

She wrote: "Sorry barbz (fans), contrary to the recent reports, I will NOT be supporting Britney outside of the US on this tour. (sic)"

Minaj recently revealed that she plans to launch her own headlining 'Pink Friday' tour in 2012.

Ah Id say she will even if I have to wait another 20 years! Just dont think its value for money to pay €77 (as that is the lowest priced tickets at the moment) to maybe hear a few songs sung live no matter how good the performance or staging is!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

The show was amaing and critics even saying it was good so thats brilliant for her been a long time since people have been on her side.... she sang live and slayed with her dancing....

Here are some videos

Hold It Against Me and Down and UP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=158330q6vw0&feature=player_embedded

If You Seek Amy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwHboo87Csk&feature=player_embedded

Hes About To Loose Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYz8h4pvZBI&feature=player_embedded

Dont Let Me The Last To Know
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACN1aF9jmc&feature=player_embedded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Woah Britney's back..

Guys, went on to ticketmaster to purchase tickets just a few mins ago and tickets were not available.. eeeeeeeeeeeek. All along they were on sale, even checked like 3 days ago,

could they be possibly sold out??? aaaaaaaaah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

She used to be a great popstar with geniunely good pop tunes, but she's past it at this stage. There are popstars out there now making better music than her recent stuff. It's quite easy to tell she's not really into it anymore. She barely puts any effort in at all.

She used to be a great popstar with geniunely good pop tunes, but she's past it at this stage. There are popstars out there now making better music than her recent stuff. It's quite easy to tell she's not really into it anymore. She barely puts any effort in at all.

This is just not true. Ha! What other popstars are making better music than her atm? Femme Fatale is one of the best pop albums this year tbh. Im not saying that as a fan but rather my friends who hated stuff like blackout and circus LOVE this album. Its a pop masterpiece! And the effort thing..? She puts in a lot of effort in this tour. Live singing, original dance routines that she was doing in 2001 and overall great interaction with the crowd etc!

This is just not true. Ha! What other popstars are making better music than her atm? Femme Fatale is one of the best pop albums this year tbh. Im not saying that as a fan but rather my friends who hated stuff like blackout and circus LOVE this album. Its a pop masterpiece! And the effort thing..? She puts in a lot of effort in this tour. Live singing, original dance routines that she was doing in 2001 and overall great interaction with the crowd etc!

Try Janelle Monae - sings live 100% of the time, has an incredible voice, writes her own tunes, has an amazing band, wonderful stage presence and live performances.

Describing Britney Spears' latest album as a 'masterpiece' is just laughable. She's a legend of pop music, no doubt. Songs like Toxic, I'm A Slave 4 U and Hit Me Baby One More Time are great pop songs, but to say that she has produced an album that could be called a masterpiece is ridiculous.

Try Janelle Monae - sings live 100% of the time, has an incredible voice, writes her own tunes, has an amazing band, wonderful stage presence and live performances.

Describing Britney Spears' latest album as a 'masterpiece' is just laughable. She's a legend of pop music, no doubt. Songs like Toxic, I'm A Slave 4 U and Hit Me Baby One More Time are great pop songs, but to say that she has produced an album that could be called a masterpiece is ridiculous.

OK first of all WHO? Janelle Monae? Clearly a HUGE popstar...:confused: And songs like Till The World Ends are brilliant. I just don't think we are talking about this on the same level tbh. The fact that you just compared this Janelle Monae person to Britney Spears says it all! :/

OK first of all WHO? Janelle Monae? Clearly a HUGE popstar...:confused: And songs like Till The World Ends are brilliant. I just don't think we are talking about this on the same level tbh. The fact that you just compared this Janelle Monae person to Britney Spears says it all! :/

The fact that you don't know about Janelle Monae (you will though, trust me, that girl is gonna be huge) and seem completely unwilling to even investigate her show you know nothing about music.

Well I also disagree with you and that's coming from someone who said similar things about Janelle Monae after seeing her for the first time 12 months ago (although looking back I may have been a little naive).

She might not be as youthful/trendy as she was back in the day but Britney has been producing* better pop music over the past few years than she ever has.

* I'm fully aware of her levels of input into the process but that ain't the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I have never heard of Janelle Monae. She may be excellant. But that doesn't mean that Brittney Spears is past it. Blackout and Circus, in my opinion, are excellant albums and between them there are only about 3 songs that I wouldn't have any love for. And I only got into those albums by my girlfriend playing them. I'm a 34 year old male - so perhaps not your typical Brittney fan. I don't have new album, but single is very catchy and powerful.

Janelle Monae is brilliant but I don't see what relevance she has to Britney Spears.

Britney is far from past it and her albums are still a lot better than her contemporaries. Re: Her not being into it anymore. I honestly thought that a few months ago but her new show is the testament to how much she really does care. This is hardest she's worked on a tour in years. She's fully in the zone again. I don't know what caused it, maybe a change in medication but Britney is finally back to what she was during the House of Blues tour and I really beleive that she's going to improve further over the course of this tour. Now let's hope her next album is up to the standard of Blackout which is undoubtedly a pop masterpiece.

I wouldnt compare Janelle to Britney dont insult the girl. They are nothing alike even though they would both be classed into pop.

Britney is old style pop now the manufactured brand that got away with a medicore voice and not able to write/produce/play an instrument. Saying that I still like her but I think she will be remembered in years to come as some one that had it all and went crazy. Thos photographs of her drunk with no knickers and the one of her bald smashing a photographers car will never be forgotten.

Pop is just different now more is demanded from artists even X factor ones.

To call Britneys recent album as a masterpiece is a disgrace none of it is memorable her voice is auto tuned to the max. Some songs are catchy but she just doesnt cut it anymore maybe thats why itunes sells femme fatale at such a discount to encourage sales.

And before I get a narky comment back for the record Ive liked Britney from the start but she is nowhere near her blackout days and probably never will be again.

• Advertisement

^You guys are right! Britney's latest albums are awesome and she is really bringing it on tour this time now. Even I admit that she didn't give her all during the circus tour but she really does this time around. Tight choreography, a great body and most of all live singing. Not to mention the amazing production this tour has!
    Vivagora wrote: »
    I wouldnt compare Janelle to Britney dont insult the girl. They are nothing alike even though they would both be classed into pop.

Britney is old style pop now the manufactured brand that got away with a medicore voice and not able to write/produce/play an instrument. Saying that I still like her but I think she will be remembered in years to come as some one that had it all and went crazy. Thos photographs of her drunk with no knickers and the one of her bald smashing a photographers car will never be forgotten.

Pop is just different now more is demanded from artists even X factor ones.

To call Britneys recent album as a masterpiece is a disgrace none of it is memorable her voice is auto tuned to the max. Some songs are catchy but she just doesnt cut it anymore maybe thats why itunes sells femme fatale at such a discount to encourage sales.

And before I get a narky comment back for the record Ive liked Britney from the start but she is nowhere near her blackout days and probably never will be again.

OK FIRST of all a lot of what you just said there is just not true and quite frankly shows that you really don't know what you are talking about. Britney may not have the STRONGEST voice around but its still a really great recording voice. She may not write every song she releases but she also doesn't buy writing credits like a lot of artists (beyonce and gaga etc.) Most songs that Britney has written have been praised by critics. Everytime, Someday and a good amount of the In The Zone album were written by her. One of Britney's least successful albums but most critically acclaimed albums, "Blackout" had her as executive producer. And finally instrument wise she plays the piano!

I do agree with you however that she will probably be remembered for the wrong reasons which is awful. IMO she is a really great artist and isn't afraid to admit that she has weaknesses. She has personally said she only thinks her voice is "OK" and wishes she had one like Christina. She also makes it no secret that most of her singles aren't written by her and has also stated that she sometimes uses playback during her performances due to her dancing on stage. When mentioning that her album isn't doing well and needs to be sold at a discounted price you may wanna look at gaga's latest album which was sold for 99c for its first two days of release to try and sell copies! :S

One other thing I want to clear up. I should really have referred to her recent albums as POP masterpieces, which is what they are. I understand that people who are into hardcore music might not love these albums but as far as pop music goes Blackout and Femme Fatale are a lot better than most of the pop out there atm! Her voice is manipulated quite a lot on blackout but on femme fatale the only voice manipulation happens for affect in songs such as "big fat bass". Other songs such as "criminal", "He about to lose me" and even "Hold it against me" have very little vocal effects.

Sorry for the rant I just feel that she is a true artist and deserves to be seen for what she really is! :D

Advertisement