Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney Spears - O2 Dublin - Oct. 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

BigFatBass wrote: »
    nommm wrote: »
    She sang 40% of the show at the dress rehearsals last night! Some amazing songs on the setlist. I hope this doesn't sell out soon, I need to find money!:(

I know! 40% LIVE!!! AND she sand he about to lose me! :O This is the general jist of the setlist! Probs be a few changes before opening night! ;)

Hold It Against Me

Piece Of Me

How I Roll

Up NÂ’ Down

(Drop Dead) Beautiful

Unusual You

Lace & Leather

He About To Lose Me

Gimme More

If U Seek Amy

Boys

DonÂ’t Let Me Be The Last To Know

I Wanna Go

IÂ’m A Slave 4 U

Toxic

Burning Up (Madonna Cover)

Till The World Ends

+

Baby One More Time

Oops!Â… I Did It Again

Not a fan but I love going to gigs and it doesn't really matter who's performing. That set list sounds blistering, made me realise how many good tracks Britney actually has. Might go!

This is just not true. Ha! What other popstars are making better music than her atm? Femme Fatale is one of the best pop albums this year tbh. Im not saying that as a fan but rather my friends who hated stuff like blackout and circus LOVE this album. Its a pop masterpiece! And the effort thing..? She puts in a lot of effort in this tour. Live singing, original dance routines that she was doing in 2001 and overall great interaction with the crowd etc!

Try Janelle Monae - sings live 100% of the time, has an incredible voice, writes her own tunes, has an amazing band, wonderful stage presence and live performances.

Describing Britney Spears' latest album as a 'masterpiece' is just laughable. She's a legend of pop music, no doubt. Songs like Toxic, I'm A Slave 4 U and Hit Me Baby One More Time are great pop songs, but to say that she has produced an album that could be called a masterpiece is ridiculous.

Britney and Janelle Monae are entirely different styles of performers. I'm a Janelle Monae fan and was at Tripod the other night but you have to dig deep into the realms of music journalism to "discover" her. You won't hear her played on FM104 or written about in Heat Magazine. You can't expect generic Britney fans to know who she is. That's unfair.

The Monae gig was also packed with "too cool to live" Dublin poseurs, those awful stoney faced excessively preened women glowering at the competition rather than just enjoying the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

You hardly have to 'dig deep into the realms of music journalism' to know who she is? :pac: Was 'Tightrope' not a hit? Plus last time I checked her album was in the top 10, months after it's release.

Also what do you mean by 'generic Britney fans'? Just wondering.

You hardly have to 'dig deep into the realms of music journalism' to know who she is? :pac: Was 'Tightrope' not a hit? Plus last time I checked her album was in the top 10, months after it's release.

Also what do you mean by 'generic Britney fans'? Just wondering.

Typical Dublin pseud attitude, hanging on the coattails of something contemporary for personal effect. "Tightrope", a great promotional track from and for her album, hit a sweet #73 in the Irish chart. I'm usually polite on message boards and it gets me nowhere so let me say on this occasion you're talking sh1te.

15 year old girls for the most part don't give a rat's ass about a psychedelic/funk concept album inspired by a 1927 silent German film, nor should they be expected to. When JM gets more airplay and press they'll come round.

It was nauseating in Tripod the other night, hearing D4 heads name dropping "Janelle" as if she was their best mate. Kindly go back to your posing and your pint on the pavement outside Kehoe's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BigFatBass

Here is the final tour setlist in case anyone is looking for it!

"Hold It Against Me"
    "Up n' Down"
    "3"
    "Piece of Me"
    "Big Fat Bass"
    "How I Roll"
    "Lace and Leather"
    "If U Seek Amy"
    "Gimme More" (contains elements of "Get Naked (I Got a Plan)")
    "(Drop Dead) Beautiful" (contains elements of "Inside Out") (Performed with Sabi in select dates)
    "He About to Lose Me"
    "Boys" (The Co-Ed Remix)
    "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know"
    "...Baby One More Time" / "S&M" (Remix)
    "Trouble for Me"
    "I'm a Slave 4 U"
    "Burning Up"
    "I Wanna Go"
    "Womanizer" (contains elements of the Jason Nevins Club Remix of "Womanizer")
    "Toxic" (contains elements of the Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix Edit of "Toxic")
    "Till the World Ends" (contains elements of The Femme Fatale Remix of "Till the World Ends") (Performed with Nicki Minaj in select dates)

And If you want some videos here is basically the whole show on this youtube channel! Really awesome tour (even if I am a lil bias :P)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChristianSaad

• Advertisement

Thanks for the video, don't think I'll watch it. Don't want to ruin it on myself. :D
    Typical Dublin pseud attitude, hanging on the coattails of something contemporary for personal effect. "Tightrope", a great promotional track from and for her album, hit a sweet #73 in the Irish chart. I'm usually polite on message boards and it gets me nowhere so let me say on this occasion you're talking sh1te.

15 year old girls for the most part don't give a rat's ass about a psychedelic/funk concept album inspired by a 1927 silent German film, nor should they be expected to. When JM gets more airplay and press they'll come round.

It was nauseating in Tripod the other night, hearing D4 heads name dropping "Janelle" as if she was their best mate. Kindly go back to your posing and your pint on the pavement outside Kehoe's.

What are you ****ing on about? 'Typical Dublin pseud attitude' ?I really have no idea what any of your pretentious rant has to do with what I posted.

I was merely pointing out that Janelle Monae is actually very popular. Maybe I was wrong about Tightrope, I presumed it was a hit as I heard it in a club several times and most of my mates seems to be familiar with it but she's currently sitting at number. 7 in the iTunes albums charts. Your coming off as 'nauseating' as those that you are describing in your post.

You still haven't explained what you mean by 'generic Britney fans' either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Zaixora

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Shes not singing live during this concert, just to add. :(

We're also being ripped off, for a similar price in the US, they get Britney and Nicki Minaj. :/

What?! No Nicki?! Are you sure?

I was merely pointing out that Janelle Monae is actually very popular.

The open digs in two posts at Britney fans for not knowing who Janelle Monae is are cringeworthy. There was many a cashew nut at her show on Wednesday night who clearly hadn't a clue about her album and EP, but to hear them you'd swear they were with her in a past life. Nor was the gig sold out even in a venue the size of Tripod, and we paid in at the door.

I could wax lyrical for hours about my current favourite DJ Michael Woods but I'm not going to slag anyone off who when they hear the name thinks I'm talking about the former Fianna Fail TD.

By generic I mean the average fan who doesn't dig too deeply into the murkier realms of pop journalise where success is defined solely by one's ability to be an aloof condescending obscure arsehole and have the likes of Annie Mac DJ and Zane Lowe **** all over you.

Let the Britney fans enjoy the show, FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Zaixora wrote: »
    What?! No Nicki?! Are you sure?

Positive. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That set list is decent. Don't think I have the balls to get a ticket though.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the video, don't think I'll watch it. Don't want to ruin it on myself. :D

Hahahah I know how you feel. I didn't wanna watch it either but I caved and now have the entire tour on my ipod! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vivagora

^You guys are right! Britney's latest albums are awesome and she is really bringing it on tour this time now. Even I admit that she didn't give her all during the circus tour but she really does this time around. Tight choreography, a great body and most of all live singing. Not to mention the amazing production this tour has!

OK FIRST of all a lot of what you just said there is just not true and quite frankly shows that you really don't know what you are talking about. Britney may not have the STRONGEST voice around but its still a really great recording voice. She may not write every song she releases but she also doesn't buy writing credits like a lot of artists (beyonce and gaga etc.) Most songs that Britney has written have been praised by critics. Everytime, Someday and a good amount of the In The Zone album were written by her. One of Britney's least successful albums but most critically acclaimed albums, "Blackout" had her as executive producer. And finally instrument wise she plays the piano!

I do agree with you however that she will probably be remembered for the wrong reasons which is awful. IMO she is a really great artist and isn't afraid to admit that she has weaknesses. She has personally said she only thinks her voice is "OK" and wishes she had one like Christina. She also makes it no secret that most of her singles aren't written by her and has also stated that she sometimes uses playback during her performances due to her dancing on stage. When mentioning that her album isn't doing well and needs to be sold at a discounted price you may wanna look at gaga's latest album which was sold for 99c for its first two days of release to try and sell copies! :S

One other thing I want to clear up. I should really have referred to her recent albums as POP masterpieces, which is what they are. I understand that people who are into hardcore music might not love these albums but as far as pop music goes Blackout and Femme Fatale are a lot better than most of the pop out there atm! Her voice is manipulated quite a lot on blackout but on femme fatale the only voice manipulation happens for affect in songs such as "big fat bass". Other songs such as "criminal", "He about to lose me" and even "Hold it against me" have very little vocal effects.

Sorry for the rant I just feel that she is a true artist and deserves to be seen for what she really is! :D

She plays the piano?! Wow coz most of her songs are based on that instrument not.

Funny how I never saw lady gaga's album in the itunes for 0.99 because I was dying to hear the songs and kept checking it every day for the 30 second play of tracks.Britneys femme fetal has been for a LOT of weeks since start of April actually priced at 5.99 so you have no point there.

Amazing production of the tour???!!! Seriously have you ever seen a Lady gaga show? where tickets are cheaper than Britneys for the most part? Britney has a swing (again she has followed this route) and a revolving stage and some moving walkway. Groundbreaking and amazing I think not.

Did you hear the Rihanna and Briteny mashup? Rihanna doesnt even have an excellent voice and she made britney sound like a hamster on drugs.

Id hate to listen to your ipod or itunes if you think Britney is a "pop masterpiece". You really need to get out more.

And btw I bet you havent seen her live on her current tour and you are relying on youtube videos of the best bits. Id bet my house she wont sing all her songs live yet ever other major pop act at the moment can and does do exactly that :D

Vivagora wrote: »
    She plays the piano?! Wow coz most of her songs are based on that instrument not.

Funny how I never saw lady gaga's album in the itunes for 0.99 because I was dying to hear the songs and kept checking it every day for the 30 second play of tracks.Britneys femme fetal has been for a LOT of weeks since start of April actually priced at 5.99 so you have no point there.

Amazing production of the tour???!!! Seriously have you ever seen a Lady gaga show? where tickets are cheaper than Britneys for the most part? Britney has a swing (again she has followed this route) and a revolving stage and some moving walkway. Groundbreaking and amazing I think not.

Did you hear the Rihanna and Briteny mashup? Rihanna doesnt even have an excellent voice and she made britney sound like a hamster on drugs.

Id hate to listen to your ipod or itunes if you think Britney is a "pop masterpiece". You really need to get out more.

And btw I bet you havent seen her live on her current tour and you are relying on youtube videos of the best bits. Id bet my house she wont sing all her songs live yet ever other major pop act at the moment can and does do exactly that :D

OK I just wanna say that I don't want this to turn intp a Britney Vs. Gaga post or some **** like that but seriously I do have to respond to some of the things you are saying.

I NEVER said that the piano was in most of her songs so I don't know where you got that from I simply stated that she can play it and write music on it. I have no point on the discounted album thing? Well now you are just being stupid to be quite honest! In the US gaga discounted her album for 99c and sold it for the first two days at that. She managed to sell 1.11 million copies in its first week (STILL not beating the record of most records sold in a week by a female artist which just so happens to belong to.....BRITNEY) and 800,000 of them were sold at 99c. So you can get off your high horse there.

The production for the femme fatale tour is amazing weather you like it or not. She is on the swing for one song (a ballad which is live by the way) and I dont get what your getting at saying she is following this route again? If your referring to the circus tour then that was a giant turning umbrella and not a swing so get your facts straight first. I never said that this tours production was groundbreaking all I said was that its awesome! Unlike other artists (gaga) Britney didn't need to pay her record company to build her a giant stage.

The S&M vocals only sound bad because you are referring them to rihannas original vocals. This happens all the time the original sounds better cause its what your used to (e.g kesha in the till the world ends remix). Im also just going to ignore your point about my musical taste cause quite frankly that was uncalled for.

NOW the lipsyncing! You really wanna call Britney out on this? She sings over a backing track for most of this tour much like MOST OTHER POPSTARS. Gaga, Rihanna, any of these popstars which you think are singing live most likely are lipsyncing over pre recorded vocals or singing over a pre recorded backing track. ALL popstars do this now! Even tho gaga likes to claim she never lipsyncs she does. (I do admit she sings live for a decent amount of her show but again it is with the help of pre recorded vocals). Next time you wanna compare Britney to other artists out there you should really look into what you are claiming first!

On a side note one of the only artists that sings 100% live most of the time (not always) is Katy Perry! And she doesn't always sound great so tbh I would like her to have a backing track lol!

On a side note one of the only artists that sings 100% live most of the time (not always) is Katy Perry! And she doesn't always sound great so tbh I would like her to have a backing track lol!

Eh.. Lady GaGa never lip syncs..

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Eh.. Lady GaGa never lip syncs..

Eh.. Yes she does. And more than people think as well.
    Proof:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNcSbLIliNo

Here you can clearly see her move her mic to and from her mouth with the vocals never changing...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWlZGpz-uZo

If you want more proof just ask! :D

Proof:

Here you can clearly see her move her mic to and from her mouth with the vocals never changing...

You clearly didn't listen to that carefully. There's playback in the background, and you can clearly tell when it's the playback on it's own, and when it's Gaga with the playback? :confused:

maybe it's hard for you to tell the difference since you're used to hearing Britney Spears or something.. :)

Edit: in relation to the Ellen show, that was only a trailer with a CD playback, if you looked at the real performance, that doesn't happen..

Dont want to fight over this I only commented on this thread because I was wondering did people think it was worth the money to see Britney as I was going to buy tickets.

Ive seen Lady GaGa at Madison square gardens and she definately sung live. Ive watched Grame Norton show and she sung live. Yes she uses playback but only music for the norton show with her concerts usually live. Plus she is a CLASSICALLY trained piano player plus keyboard, guitar, synthesizer, drums and I saw here play electric guitar.

DROP IT Britney versus Lady gaga is an insult

• Registered Users Posts: 28 crazy_janey

I would love to see Britney! Im trying to find someone to go with at the moment, boyfriend will probably cave though;)
    What do VIP tickets get you in the O2?? I cant seem to find what they actually entitle you to? Not that il be buying VIP tickets unfortunately.....:(

Noel I wouldnt even bother fighting with some one who names their profile after one of Britneys weakest songs on her album. Lack of originality or what? And who clearly relies on Wikipedia as a source of information!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

I can't decide whether or not to buy tickets. She is one of my favorite artists ever

She's a lot of things, but an artist is not one of them.

Dancing around in routines other people choreographed, to songs other people wrote does not make you an artist.

Dancing around in routines other people choreographed, to songs other people wrote does not make you an artist.

Too true

Lady Gaga doesn't lipsync at her concerts. It's a fact. I do remember she got in trouble in the early days for 'miming' in Austrailia but I can't think of other occasions. Although she might as well have mimed that performance on Ellen. :pac:
    I would love to see Britney! Im trying to find someone to go with at the moment, boyfriend will probably cave though;)
    What do VIP tickets get you in the O2?? I cant seem to find what they actually entitle you to? Not that il be buying VIP tickets unfortunately.....:(

You get to meet her and stuff.

:rolleyes: No need to be so pedantic. And for the record, she does sometimes do songs she wrote and choreography she came up with.

Lady Gaga doesn't lipsync at her concerts. It's a fact. I do remember she got in trouble in the early days for 'miming' in Austrailia but I can't think of other occasions. Although she might as well have mimed that performance on Ellen. :pac:

You get to meet her and stuff.

:rolleyes: No need to be so pedantic. And for the record, she does sometimes do songs she wrote and choreography she came up with.

The only time Britney writes now is on her pay checks..

Vivagora wrote: »
    Dont want to fight over this I only commented on this thread because I was wondering did people think it was worth the money to see Britney as I was going to buy tickets.

Ive seen Lady GaGa at Madison square gardens and she definately sung live. Ive watched Grame Norton show and she sung live. Yes she uses playback but only music for the norton show with her concerts usually live. Plus she is a CLASSICALLY trained piano player plus keyboard, guitar, synthesizer, drums and I saw here play electric guitar.

DROP IT Britney versus Lady gaga is an insult

An Insult to Britney to be quite honest! I don't wanna fight either I just think people are so BLIND sometimes. The fact that people think that other popstars are "ARTISTS" and Britney is a puppet is ridiculous! The reason Britney isn't percieved as a true artist is because she doesn't go around claiming it like gaga (who has just as much control as Britney!)

And Noel2K9 Thats what lip syncing is. Her track is so loud you can't hear her.? When Britney lip syncs (even when she lips 100%) her mic is still on like gaga's is. Shouting "PAWS UP" every 10 seconds doesn't count as live singing I'm sorry to tell you. Also I never said that gaga lip syncs completely! I said she lips or sings over a prerecorded track!

TommyTippee why are you even here?

Britney doesn't write that much of her material no but she also doesn't buy writing credits like some other artists out there which I won't be naming (COUGH beyonce, and rihanna)! Many song writers actually came out a praised Britney for not having writing credits on the standard edition of femme fatale!

AND FINALLY wikipedia is NOT my source. My source is me! I have been a fan of Britney since 1998 when gaga was still Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta! I have followed all of her work so 90% of these facts come from my memory! STFD

Not sure why there's a fight here. Lip synching goes on at practically every gig, it's naive to think otherwise. It's more a matter of how much.

Watch Beyonce (who leaves me cold, her "songs" are unadulterated crud) at her Glasto performance online and you'll see it quite clearly in spots. I've seen Kylie twice and she's the same.

I think Britney should sing live more, or push herself to. She has a great deal of passion in her as a woman and a lot more to give as an artist.

Not sure why there's a fight here. Lip synching goes on at practically every gig, it's naive to think otherwise. It's more a matter of how much.

Watch Beyonce (who leaves me cold, her "songs" are unadulterated crud) at her Glasto performance online and you'll see it quite clearly in spots. I've seen Kylie twice and she's the same.

I think Britney should sing live more, or push herself to. She has a great deal of passion in her as a woman and a lot more to give as an artist.

BRILLIANTLY PUT! THIS is what I want people to see. Just that Britney isn't the only artist out there who does it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Proof:

its a backtrack she has always used backtracking in her performances she sings over it.... she used it cause she does alot of moving around and stuff get your facts right!!

sisco wrote: »
    its a backtrack she has always used backtracking in her performances she sings over it.... she used it cause she does alot of moving around and stuff get your facts right!!

A backing track is lipsyncing if she doesn't sing over it or her mic is way down which is what she is doing in those performances! Even on Britney's most lipped tour (circus) it was just a backing track which was sung over. (although her mic was very quite for most of it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

A backing track is lipsyncing if she doesn't sing over it or her mic is way down which is what she is doing in those performances! Even on Britney's most lipped tour (circus) it was just a backing track which was sung over. (although her mic was very quite for most of it)

There is no way britney sang over backtracking she mimed that whole tour in all fairness i love britney im a stan but gaga is way more talented than her.... Gaga always sings over a backtrack you need to sort out your musical skills if you dont know what a backtrack is!!!!

Advertisement