Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney Spears - O2 Dublin - Oct. 24th

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BigFatBass

^Look tbh i'm not even bothered fighting anymore. I'm not going to make excuses for Britney. Yes she lip syncs some of the time but so do many other artists gaga included. I know what lip syncing is and i amen't going to get into the ins and out of it with you. You are obviously not that big of a Britney fan if you dont realise that the circus tour was playback with her mic on but I really don't care lol! If you are going to the concert enjoy, and if not well enjoy your gaga concert or whichever other concert you may be going to. (For the record I do like gaga and even saw her monster ball tour which was a really good show)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BigFatBass

Ahhhh This day next week I'll be there! Soooo excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Anyone know what time she is due on stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Pythia wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Please god she won't mime this time:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

karaokeman wrote: »
    Please god she won't mime this time:eek:

Lol. She mimes roughly 97% of the show, just FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Pythia wrote: »

I'd like to know that as well.

My estimation is between 8.30 and 9pm though:

Doors: 6.30, estimated stage time opener: 7.30 / 8 pm playing 40 minutes, then stage makeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

sabrewulf wrote: »
    I'd like to know that as well.

My estimation is between 8.30 and 9pm though:

Doors: 6.30, estimated stage time opener: 7.30 / 8 pm playing 40 minutes, then stage makeover.

We were thinking 8.30 too. Luckily we have seats so it's not so much of an issue but don't want to miss the start either!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not into this sort of shite in any way but really hope they delayed the start of this gig tonight.

Would have been plenty of kids stuck in traffic, took me 90 mins to drive from Swords to City Centre at 6pm due to the weather

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would hate to be coming out of the gig now

• Advertisement

Would hate to be coming out of the gig now

Yeah, One minute yer watching Britney do her miming, next your in the middle of the Apocolypse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

any news from the gig? I secretly want to know :O

--LOS-- wrote: »
    any news from the gig? I secretly want to know :O

I'm a subscriber to mcd's email, they go straight into my spam folder, when having a quick glimpse through my spam before deleting last week i opened one of the alerts.
    Was about dear old Britney, had her FULL SETLIST in the mail!! To me that is just wrong

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm a subscriber to mcd's email, they go straight into my spam folder, when having a quick glimpse through my spam before deleting last week i opened one of the alerts.
    Was about dear old Britney, had her FULL SETLIST in the mail!! To me that is just wrong

That's a spoiler, why would they do that :confused:
    I don't wanna know the setlist when I'm going to a gig, that's part of the fun, a lot of people would look it up though, I don't get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

--LOS-- wrote: »
    That's a spoiler, why would they do that :confused:
    I don't wanna know the setlist when I'm going to a gig, that's part of the fun, a lot of people would look it up though, I don't get that.

Trying to sell more tickets by the looks of it. Not great sales by the sounds of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

My friend says the whole top tier of the O2 was curtained off and standing wasn't even full!!

^ I was sitting in the top tier. 3 sections on each side were closed up there, but several in the middle were open and well filled. The standing area looked quite packed too from up there.
    I enjoyed the show. :) I knew what I'd get when I went there, and I thought there was a lot of effort put into that really made it worth visiting (I would not have paid ticket's face value though, so I purchased my ticket "2nd hand" for less than 40 quid).

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A woman attending a Britney Spears concert in Dublin has died after falling from a fairground ride.
    The 31-year-old is understood to have been on the ride outside the O2 arena when she was thrown to the ground on Monday night.
    Gardai said the incident happened at around 11.20pm.
    It is believed the woman died instantly and her body was removed from the scene. She had been at the concert earlier in the evening.
    The area outside the venue has been sealed off ahead of a forensic examination by Garda technical experts.
    Officers at Store Street have launched an inquiry. The Health and Safety Authority has also been asked to investigate the death.
    It is understood there were a number of fairground rides outside O2 for the event.

RIP

:eek:

I don't know how those rides were even operating in that weather last night. Very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

They had rides? :confused: Like other than the big wheel?

• Advertisement

They had 2 more rides right next to the big wheel. They were closed before the concert because of the weather. After the concert they had been opened, since the sky had cleared up.

Advertisement