Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap camelback needed today!

• 02-06-2011 10:43am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys I would like to pick up the cheapest camelbak i can find today.
    Any suggestions of where to look?
    wiggle have a special offer but i need it for a weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Guys I would like to pick up the cheapest camelbak i can find today.
    Any suggestions of where to look?
    wiggle have a special offer but i need it for a weekend.
    You didn't mention where you are. Elverys sells a 1.5l for around €35, IIRC.
    Wheelworx has a decent selection of camelbaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

On a related note folks ...
    I'm looking at inov-8 bags on wiggle but am struggle to work out whether I want a 10/15/20L bag without actually seeing them.
    Is there somewhere is Dublin city centre that stocks them?

Cheers
    PK

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You didn't mention where you are. Elverys sells a 1.5l for around €35, IIRC.
    Wheelworx has a decent selection of camelbaks.

Sorry, I'm in Dublin but will be heading to Donegal tomorrow for GFW, I was planning on taking a detour via belfast for http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/hydration-pack-3-black-blue-175229425/

Company car so the cost of the extra 45 mins or so driving isnt a concern.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

On yet another side note but related topic how do people find camelbak's when out on runs, I tend do run in the countryside with no shops around and driving out to drop water isn't always something I can do.

I was looking at a 2l one which is (something like the below picture), how do people find them when running as I've only ever used them cycling and hill walking before (one's that fit into existing packs/bags)

camelbak-classic-2010-med.jpg

Sorry, I'm in Dublin but will be heading to Donegal tomorrow for GFW, I was planning on taking a detour via belfast for http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/hydration-pack-3-black-blue-175229425/

Company car so the cost of the extra 45 mins or so driving isnt a concern.
    Just remember these things need to be rinsed out several times before use. Not sure when you're event is, but might be better off picking one up as soon as possible and cleaning it out/trying it out on an easy run.

Don't let your race be the first time you try out new gear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Patrick_K wrote: »
    On a related note folks ...
    I'm looking at inov-8 bags on wiggle but am struggle to work out whether I want a 10/15/20L bag without actually seeing them.
    Is there somewhere is Dublin city centre that stocks them?

Basecamp

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paulb79

tesco have them pretty cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

ocnoc wrote: »
    Basecamp

Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

paulb79 wrote: »
    tesco have them pretty cheap
    Which tesco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paulb79

most of the big stores have them

• Advertisement

Which tesco :)
    and how cheap?

paulb79 wrote: »
    most of the big stores have them

Cheers, there's a few near to me so i'll go have a wander!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

I got one from the outdoors shop next to the bus station in Cork. for 10 euro a few weeks back. used a good few times, 2l and comfotable for long runs.

Advertisement