Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Laughs 2011

Options
  • 02-06-2011 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Any buzz about the place yet for this years Cat Laughs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'd say there will be a buzz around the place but not as mad as years gone by. The weather is supposed to be ok:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Plug wrote: »
    I'd say there will be a buzz around the place but not as mad as years gone by. The weather is supposed to be ok:)

Rivercourt garden it is then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

No. Politics has been far too amusing to be bothered paying for comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Watch all the pikeys jump off the bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I saw a patron of the river courtstrip down to his khacks last year and traverse the river, to be greeted with his associates carrying his clothes at the other side, queueing up to shake his hand as an affirmation of his daring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

The quality of the line up seems to have dipped somewhat over recent years, but sure everyone knows it's less about the comedy, and more about cramming into the Rivercourt with the entire town, and being pelted with waterbombs and stones by knackers in the castle!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

They've been doing a good clean up round the town for it over the last week . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Nice buzz about the place last night, looked busy for a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Anyone been to any particularly good or bad gigs so far this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Went to the late show Fridaynight , supports were good , fair , crap(she had to ask people to stop talking so she could finish her set) and then Neil Del came on , what a show , woke up Sat morning with my sides still hurting from laughing.

• Advertisement

Went to a late one in Cleers Sat nite (10pm) Paddy Courtney as host, Josie Long and then Keith Farnan. 1st 2 were ok Josie suffered a bit as there was only 18 in and all were very quiet and only started to get going when it was time to finish up but Keith was superb when he came on. Did the whole gig standing on a chair (1st 2 rows empty) interacting with the crowd and didn't get to use his script at all as it just flowed. Great craic.

Went to Jason Byrne, Colin Murphy, Karl Spain, Tim Vine in Hotel Kilkenny on Sunday evening. Big crowd in and a good gig overall. Byrne just is a nutjob full stop. Brilliant. Tim Vine was the highlight for me just because I hadn't ever seen his standup before and I wasn't expecting what he came out with. Non-stop one liners bit like Tommy Cooper. Most were just unbelievably bad but that made them great!! Very funny.

Had a great weekend and the pubs certainly didn't look to be back on other years but I'm sure the gigs were slower to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

cargo wrote: »
    Went to a late one in Cleers Sat nite (10pm) Paddy Courtney as host, Josie Long and then Keith Farnan. 1st 2 were ok Josie suffered a bit as there was only 18 in and all were very quiet and only started to get going when it was time to finish up but Keith was superb when he came on. Did the whole gig standing on a chair (1st 2 rows empty) interacting with the crowd and didn't get to use his script at all as it just flowed. Great craic.

Went to Jason Byrne, Colin Murphy, Karl Spain, Tim Vine in Hotel Kilkenny on Sunday evening. Big crowd in and a good gig overall. Byrne just is a nutjob full stop. Brilliant. Tim Vine was the highlight for me just because I hadn't ever seen his standup before and I wasn't expecting what he came out with. Non-stop one liners bit like Tommy Cooper. Most were just unbelievably bad but that made them great!! Very funny.

Had a great weekend and the pubs certainly didn't look to be back on other years but I'm sure the gigs were slower to sell.

The pen behind the ear sketch was the funniest I've ever seen.A classic.

stratowide wrote: »
    The pen behind the ear sketch was the funniest I've ever seen.A classic.

Yeah, had actually forgot about that one!!! :D Loved the little breaks in the routine for some audio interaction.

And I wasn't even expecting to see him there. I thought it was Tim Minchin that was one the line-up not Tim Vine. I picked out the show and GF booked it so I never gave it another thought until we turned up at the gig.

Advertisement