Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change the Dialler time in a Securewatch system

Options
  • 02-06-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have a Securewatch 6/10 or 10/10 system in which the Dialler phones the monitoring company daily. The time of the phone call used to be in the off-peak hours but moves forward about 10 seconds per day so that I am now paying for all the calls. At over 250 calls per year, this is money I do with saving but I can find no info on Boards or elsewhere.

How do I change the time that the Dialler calls the monitoring company, please? Help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

It is in the dialer menu, test call. You should be getting your installer to change the time for you as the system is monitored.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would also need the installer to notify the central station of changes to auto test.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Measure Twice

Thanks for the replies, altor and KoolKid. I normally try to do my engineer work myself and this has worked well over the past 10 years, but this one has me stumped after a week of trying and searching this forum and others! However, I'll get an installer to help me if this one is beyond me.

I was onto the monitoring company a few days ago and they said they had no interest in what time the call was made, they just logged the successful result.

When I go (in engineer mode) into the Serial Port Menu -> Dialler Menu, the only sub-menu option I get is Remove Digi?. Naturally, I don't want to do that. How do I get to the Test Call option?

Thanks for any advice!

You may need an installer to do this then as some of the older digis need to be programmed with a keypad. This sound like it is in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Measure Twice

That might well be the solution. While the panel was replaced in 2004 (lightning strike), I don't think the digi was changed then so probably dates back 20 years or so.

Thank you very much, altor. I'll let you know how I get on when I finish.

• Advertisement

That might well be the solution. While the panel was replaced in 2004 (lightning strike), I don't think the digi was changed then so probably dates back 20 years or so.

Thank you very much, altor. I'll let you know how I get on when I finish.

Your welcome Measure Twice, do keep us informed how you get on.

Advertisement