Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Provisional results ever change at Final

Options
  • 02-06-2011 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi people,

Is there anybody out there whose knows/heard of any instances where the provisional results changed from the final results without any intervention or call for a recheck. just holding on to a folorn hope that it maybe possible my 2.2 may become a 2.1 as i was only a whisker out.

thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Unlikely unless there is an obvious omission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

hi people,

Is there anybody out there whose knows/heard of any instances where the provisional results changed from the final results without any intervention or call for a recheck. just holding on to a folorn hope that it maybe possible my 2.2 may become a 2.1 as i was only a whisker out.

thanks folks

Yup, my results have changed on two occasions without any action on my part. One year it moved up very slightly, and didn't affect the grade in that subject. The other time I was moved from a B to a B+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mixed grill

Thanks wee bushy.
    You've given me a little boost. I burn a few candles in the meantime.

M.G.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

I've yet to do an exam session that wasn't changed! I'm just finished second year... Most the time grades go up, this time though 99 other people and I are dropping grades because they gave us our CA result as our final result. Unimpressed :mad: Nobody knew it had even happened till we got an email about it...

Generally though they go up if anything, we're an oddity this year so no panic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I got a D- in a calculus exam, and I know a guy who got a D- in it at xmas and he got moved down at final results..... I really don't want to repeat it again >_<

• Advertisement

Good luck Fad! Hope it doesn't move on you... I got a D- in calculus in first year... 41% I was one of the lucky ones, my grade stayed put! Taking it again would have been a nightmare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Good luck Fad! Hope it doesn't move on you... I got a D- in calculus in first year... 41% I was one of the lucky ones, my grade stayed put! Taking it again would have been a nightmare :(

This is calc and stats..... I don't want to sit it for a 5th time.... Me and calculus just dont get on >_<

Calc and I did funnily enough, until UCD that is... Our class had a 52% fail rate. Funny how university level lectures can fry one's brain ;)

Advertisement