Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Currant, Black Currant Help?

Options
  • 02-06-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey,

I have recently bought a house and as part of it got my self a little fruit patch. :)

We seem to have Red/Black Currants coming up and some other berry (not sure which). Is there anything I need to do to help them along? feed, put net over them, prune them etc??

I've new to gardening but really enjoyed the rhubarb we got, so aim to keep it going?

Also, is there any veg that should be planted around this time?

Thanks for the info!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Hey,

I have recently bought a house and as part of it got my self a little fruit patch. :)

We seem to have Red/Black Currants coming up and some other berry (not sure which). Is there anything I need to do to help them along? feed, put net over them, prune them etc??

I've new to gardening but really enjoyed the rhubarb we got, so aim to keep it going?

Also, is there any veg that should be planted around this time?

Thanks for the info!!!

Now is not the time to prune! You can clear any weeds from around them and water. You might have a problem with birds eating the fruit so you may need to pick up some netting to cover the plants. Also check out the food forum for ideas.

Advertisement