Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extenuating Circumstances

Options
  • 02-06-2011 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I've applied for extenuating circumstances due to medical reasons. Has there been a time when they did not accept this and what happens so they refuse to take your assignments and not let you graduate?:(

Just saw that repeat fee list, would they make me pay to hand them in? I've already paid full fees. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 confusedperson

Thanks for answering me. Just wanted to know the worse case scenario. Will that be per 5 credit module?
    And then still hand in the assignments? Or would I have to wait until the next semester?

Even if the modules in question were only assessed by essay?
    If thats the answer then I may give up on getting the course if they dont accept my extenuating circumstances . :(

I wouldnt repeat these few credits there for certain. Such a poor standard of lecturing. Would take my money and go else where. Thanks anyway.

Does anyone have a more optimistic opinion on this? I am of good character and have a high 2:1 average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

If you have a viable medical reason to have not handed stuff in before now, they may well let you hand it in now. I've heard of someone not handing in his FYP until september when it was due in may, so they can accept things this late.

Did your results have an IX grade for the module?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Does anyone have a more optimistic opinion on this? I am of good character and have a high 2:1 average.

Well we can't possibly say as we don't know what your circumstances were, when you applied etc. Extenuating circumstances are given in some instances and not in other cases.

And I have them done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

The deadline for extenuating circumstances were a couple of weeks ago (not last friday but the friday before that).

I would advise substitution... unless that module is a core of course.

Advertisement