Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storage strap / pouch etc. for Nokia N8 while on the run!

• 02-06-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

I am tracking my runs via the Sports-Tracker.com app on my Nokia N8. To date I have been carrying the phone in my hand while running but this is not really satisfactory. Does anyone know of any handy and secure ways of strapping a phone to ones body somewhere or otherwise transporting it in a reasonable manner while running?

Preferably I don't want to just use shorts with a pocket or a running top with a pocket as I dont want the phone jumping around the place mid run. SOmething like a body strap or arm strap would be good so id anyone could recommend something, or somewhere, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

I use this and its great. Its made of a stretchy material so you'll fit even the biggest of phones into it. Strap it on before you go for a run and you dont even notice your wearing it.

Good luck with the running.
    Nike-Arm-Wallet-Music-Phone-Case-2-Packs-Large.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have had a neoprene arm strap for a few years now. Just big enough for the n8, (I have one too) or a set of keys etc. Not sure of the brand* but you should get something suitable in a sports shop.

*edit, its Nike. Very exact same as the image above, which I couldnt view on my N8!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've got an SPI Belt.

Got it with the intention of putting my attached medical device in during running, but actually now use it for gels. It expands to fit whatever you stuff in it though and holds whatever pretty securely with no bouncing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Karrimor do a good phone pouch for £7.99 and you can find them online at www.karrimor.com

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nordieboy

second vote on spibelt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement