Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to kayak

Options
  • 02-06-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine bought a kayak recently and wants to head away somwhere for the bank holiday week...can anybody recommend a place to kayak..i kayaked once in new zealand years ago on a tour...my friend has kayaked a few times...we are probably loooking for a place that near a town as we don't have our own car....thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I'd recommend taking a course with the ICU or any other established club.
    Take a look on canoe.ie for info on them.
    If you want to go it alone, take a gander through this forumfirst, and be alert to the dangers of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

If you can get a bus to one of the sea-side towns in West Cork or Galway you could get some sea/harbour kayaking done... Bantry maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smily10

Come to sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Try Blessington through these guys www.totalexperience.ie but please don't get on a river without having done some courses first :)

Advertisement