Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American style ribs for BBQ

Options
  • 02-06-2011 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Any idea where I could ghet some nice thick American style ribs for BBQ ?

The ones I've got here have been "slim pickings" for a while

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Aldi or Lidl do a nice rack of ribs (in a black cardboard packaging). They're baby back style and taste great on the bbq. I much prefer these over the usual butcher ribs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks for those, more interested in the raw ones you smoke from scratch. They always seem really meaty when you see them in BBQ programs, the ones I get here are like the offcuts
    bbq-sauce-2.s600x600.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you boil them for about 20 minutes before barbecuing them they don't shrink back so you get much more meat off them. They're more moist and tender too. Then you only have to give them a short time on the BBQ to cook the sauce into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Anybody want to share a recipe for a good BBQ sauce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

If your going to smoke a rack yourself ask the butcher for a rack of spareribs, I smoke mine for 5 hours, last hour in a texas crutch (tin foil envelope with some apple juice). Superquinn also do a lovely cut called a country style rib, which is a belly rib, very thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I get my ribs from Superquinn. Ask for Pork Ribs as opposed to Bacon Ribs (which you'd normally have with cabbage.

Advertisement