Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair H50 AMD Mounting Bracket

• 02-06-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

So, picked up this cooler second hand a few months back, but didn't come with an AMD mounting bracket. Been on to Corsair customer service twice of the last few weeks but haven't even had a response from them.

So i'm just wondering if anyone on here has laid eyes on one, or even have one lying around spare that they might sell me.

It's a long shot i know but no harm in trying. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

how ye doing i have the H50 in my PC intel,i have 2 parts bracket AMD here and installation pic,no screws just the brackets but i'm sure you have screws if you want you can have for free no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Ah man, that would be incredibly sound of you, thanks.

I'll PM you.

No problem i sent you a pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Any chance while your getting rid of parts you would have a spare 775 bracket for it as I want to switch mine from 1366 to 775 and only have the 1366 bracket?

deceit wrote: »
    Any chance while your getting rid of parts you would have a spare 775 bracket for it as I want to switch mine from 1366 to 775 and only have the 1366 bracket?

thats all i have in the H50 box but if i come across no problem you can have :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

thats all i have in the H50 box but if i come across no problem you can have :)

I have one i'm giving Deceit so no need to go searching for it :)

ok cool pal,cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Thanks for the brackiet :) and the lend of a cpu, it worked a treat and the h50 actually did keep the cpu cool even without a fan :D Idles about 40 without a fan and is well below max while using prime so am gonna keep the whole pc with just the two silent 80mm fans I showed you and is working a treat and is so silent :D. Now just to replace the hd with an ssd and sorted :D.
    Thanks for the offer also scorpion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Thanks for the brackiet :) and the lend of a cpu, it worked a treat and the h50 actually did keep the cpu cool even without a fan :D Idles about 40 without a fan and is well below max while using prime so am gonna keep the whole pc with just the two silent 80mm fans I showed you and is working a treat and is so silent :D. Now just to replace the hd with an ssd and sorted :D.

Your welcome and good result on the h-50 without the fan :eek: :p

no problem if i can help some1 i sure will,cost nothing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if it's any help to anyone, i have a new Corsair H60 that I just installed and I have the AMD parts still left over that i don't plan on ever using.

i also have the stock i5 750 cooler (flower shaped with the fan embedded) that isn't doing anything now either.

also, a word of warning to anyone using that style of cooler, i wanted to see what the difference would be with the H60, so i measured the temps at stock (2.66Ghz) speeds and it turns out that the CPU was hitting around 95 degrees under load with the stock Intel 'flower' cooler. :eek:

after i took it out to put in the H60, i had a look and it seems like the fins had caught a heap of dust particles and the embedded fan had smoothed them out over the entire top surface of the heatsink which had totally blocked all the airflow through the fins and created an insulating layer on top of the heatsink. :(

just something to watch out for anyway. thinking of installing some air filters to try and minimise internal dust to see if that helps prevent it happening again with the new cooler.

in related news, my i5 750 is now running around 30-32 degrees idle at stock speeds and even after overclocking it from 2.66 to 4ghz, it's still only around 45 degrees under load with the H60 with the fan that comes with it so i'm well chuffed. :)

el dude wrote: »
    Ah man, that would be incredibly sound of you, thanks.

I'll PM you.[/QUOT

just posted that there sorry about delay

Advertisement