Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salthill 5 asides

Options
  • 02-06-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

salthill 5 asides on this weekend,weather should be fine for a few beers watching the footy on the hill.does this event still capture the imagination anymore or did the interest go when the likes of shelbourne,rovers stop playing?will many boardsies be out for a look?i love it myself,always good atmosphere and good craic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've been a few times, good craic.

The 2011 Fives will be held on Saturday the 4th of June and Sunday the 5th of June
    From 10.30 to 2
    http://www.salthilldevon.ie/Fives2011.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Was there about 3 (I think) years ago. One of the hottest days ever. Good craic sitting on the hill in the sun with a few tinnys. The standard of football was decent as well. Might go again this time, thanks for the heads up.

Guards have been clamping down on the drinking the past 2/3 years, always walking through the crowds (mainly on the hill side) taking open cans and throwing them in the bin.
    More so on the Sunday.

If ya sit more towards the bottom or away from the hill it would prob' be grand though.

Number of teams is well down. There was usually a few Prelim' games to make the first round, now teams are getting byes to the second round :eek:, few teams only have one game to win to make Sunday.

Advertisement