Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complaint call of duty forums

Options
  • 02-06-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭

i'm afraid it has come to this but i see this as the best move.

the mods of the call of duty forum seem to have a problem with members of the irl clan community that started out here on boards

anytime there is an argument in the said forum the only people that are being punished are members of the irl clan.

the most recent being a banned regular poster returns from the ban and immediately starts an argument directed at the irl clan.
    of course some of the members retaliate but them a mod steps in and the only punishment is directed at the irl clan members.

moving irlclan members posts into a separate thread named "The IRL 'let's talk perks and weapons thread"

and then some members asked why it was named that because we dont believe in excluding people from our threads

and now as a cheap shot has renamed the thread
    "The not just for IRL but for everyone, 'let's talk perks and weapons thread"

the mod is trying to rise people so that he has a reason to ban them.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've moved this from DRP to the more general Helpdesk as it doesn't fall under the DRP remit, since you're not contesting a ban or infraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Spear wrote: »
    I've moved this from DRP to the more general Helpdesk as it doesn't fall under the DRP remit, since you're not contesting a ban or infraction.

ok thanks sorry i posted in the wrong place

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Some context and links provided only so that whoever will look at this can actually know what's happening :)

It's difficult for anyone dealing with this to do it properly without links.

From this post on over the past 24+ hours there were over 44 replies removed and placed in a new thread that can be found here (with mod notes)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

update
    the dispute between the two groups has been solved thanks to
    myself and r3nu4l

but i still think that something needs to be done about the mod "El LoCo Ade"
    and his dislike for irl clan members

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

dunworth1 wrote: »
    but i still think that something needs to be done about the mod "El LoCo Ade"
    and his dislike for irl clan members

I don't dislike anyone. I honestly do not and if I did, I'd have no problem admitting that :) Afterall, I wouldn't have said umpteen times, I'd like the IRL clan to post more in the COD forum and have told this many months ago as well as even a couple of days ago, but to do so in mature manner. But a couple of individuals have proven incapable of doing this and have been troublesome. This despite numerous warnings both on forum and PM, infractions and bans continued to aggravate the regulars on the COD forum. I'd like to be proven wrong and see them contribute to the forum in a positive way but I can't deny I have my doubts whether they'd ever cop on tbh.

There's actually a few of you're clan who I've had a brief conversation over the last 48 hours and they see both sides of the coin at least.

In general though, the clan comes across as very ultra defensive. If you're not with them, you're against them at least when it comes to the COD forum. It obviously shouldn't be the case but there ya go. It's been noted by near every regular on the forum on top of that as well. Simply, the unwillingness to see one of their own clan in the wrong is not accepted among a good few of them and they've singled me out for their grievances and abuse as I dare question them. Comes with the territory I know, no problem with that.

I admit, I got my decision wrong in the Xbox thread yesterday morning. It should have been directed at a couple of individuals in particular. But while things might die down for now, it's likely to catch fire once again.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Felt this needed addressing too.
    dunworth1 wrote: »

anytime there is an argument in the said forum the only people that are being punished are members of the irl clan.

the most recent being a banned regular poster returns from the ban and immediately starts an argument directed at the irl clan.
    of course some of the members retaliate but them a mod steps in and the only punishment is directed at the irl clan members.

No you're wrong on this as well. I have given warnings to the BRDS group many a time, as I did with IRL members I have done so on the forum and by PM . As with then, I recommended that they do not to take the bait. Unfortunately a few did do this. Others have been infracted before and one has been permabanned, something which IRL members reveled in as he was deemed to be trolling funny enough and continue to do to this day (user was banned near a month ago now) ! I see very little difference in between that user and some of the IRL members... except the pack is most certainly there backing up and defending everything IRL related.
    moving irlclan members posts into a separate thread named "The IRL 'let's talk perks and weapons thread"

and then some members asked why it was named that because we dont believe in excluding people from our threads

and now as a cheap shot has renamed the thread
    "The not just for IRL but for everyone, 'let's talk perks and weapons thread"

the mod is trying to rise people so that he has a reason to ban them.

A statement of fact just incase you or other IRL members think otherwise even though it has been cleared up before by my fellow mod but I will just chip in here. The above, has no involvement from me be it moving x number of posts and creating a new thread, nor in the naming of the thread.

Lastly, I don't see why you or other IRL members are so utterly offended by the original title or even this. I'm not generalising all the clan, there is some genuinely decent guys who contribute to the COD forum and don't see the need to cause trouble, but it's clear a few of you's are there to rile people up and anything you don't like there will have to be a song and dance about it when it shouldn't be the case whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I consider all of this to be very much mountain from molehill territory.

The IRL guys are and always have been welcome to post in the COD forum. I'd like to see some of them post their gamertags in the appropriate thread too :)

By playing with (and against) the nonIRL members in mixed teams from time to time you'll find that you're all not so different.

Advertisement