Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water charges

• 02-06-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

*mods, if this is posted in wrong section, please fee free to move to the correct forum!*

I live in the country, have my own well, my own pump, my own septic tank, and if the government bring in water charges for every household Ill be damned if I will pay for it.
    Why should I pay for a service they dont provide?
    Can anybody shed any light on whether households with their own private water supply will be asked to pay water rates?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It's still being sorted as far as I know but I cant imagine people with their own wells will be charged water charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

banjobongo wrote: »
    Can anybody shed any light on whether households with their own private water supply will be asked to pay water rates?

No one can answer that question because the details haven't been released. Just wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

jor el wrote: »
    No one can answer that question because the details haven't been released. Just wait.

I can answer it on my behave! No Feffin' way *

*(That is unless they want to refund what I paid to install my well ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This isn't a Consumer Issue. You're getting angry over something which hasn't been defined yet. Until you know the details, there is no cause for concern.

Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement