Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bump! Festival Launch /w BODDIKA - June 3rd

Options
  • 02-06-2011 3:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭

227950_10150302798803976_828293975_9557730_5214531_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=198791296832101

Heres the blurb. im mega excited about this one. Been looking for an excuse to have this guy over and this seemed perfect.

Boddika’s arrival on the scene at the end of last year has shaken it to its very core, slamming down with a raw take on things that’s making all journalists scramble for the right genre tag. Is it electro? Techno? Old? New? Harking the expansive sounds of Luke Vibert, the analogue programming of Juan Atkins early work, and the rawness of the Drexciya/Dopplereffekt family, Boddika is the newest project of Al Green, 1/2 of the boundary-pushing duo that’s re-written the rules completely, Instra:mental.
    Producing on raw analogue machines, Boddika has made some of the most exciting and dancefloor smashing sounds heard in years, with a respect full nod to electronic music of the past. The last six months has seen him unleash wave of wave of killer record relentlessly. “I’m going to keep changing direction with my sound as I have so many ideas. All I can say is expect the unexpected; I’m going to make the most of this project and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon - I have too many ideas and things I wanna get out my system.”

Support on the night will be from Teddy (Fried, Bump, Limerick) plus Rob DC & Jonesy. Prizes such as signed Bump! t-shirts by last years artists will be up for grabs as well as reduced price Bump! festival tickets.

BUMP! Muzik Festival is a two day camping event, taking place in the Landscape House & Gardens, Clonlara, Co. Clare over the weekend of July 23rd & 24th 2011, and embracing the best that Irish and International electronic music has to offer. After the runaway success that was the inaugural Bump! Festival in 2010, 2011 will be that little bit bigger - already on the Bill are techno legends Regis and Indigo Kennedy. The breaks are being taken care of by June Miller, Stray and junglist legend Equinox. Other notables on the bill are Ireland’s finest electronic export Boxcutter, hotly tipped UK producer/dj Throwing Snow, Koan Sound and Irish acid The Person. Irish techno stalwarts Rory St John, Sunil Sharpe and Fran Hartnett also feature. For more info visit http://www.bumpfestival.com/

Advertisement