Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prove of Funds

Options
  • 02-06-2011 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey,

I am planning to go to oz in feb but before that I will be travelling for about 7 months prior to entering oz. I will be leaving Ireland this aug.. I am getting a 1 year working holiday visa for oz. I plan to get this through the oz embassy because I believe it is the cheapest method rather than USIT. How will I show prove of funds when entering oz, as the bank statement I will have will be over 7months old from Ireland. Will they let me enter with that or will the want a more recent statement??

Thanks if anyone can help me with this:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Have a credit card with you that has a good limit along with the bank statements. Or have someone you trust scan and send you a current one with funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sarahmccarthy

Thanks very much I was just worried about if they would let me enter or not, so if someone from home just sends me a relatively up-to-date scanned version of my bank statement that should be ok then!!!

Should be... you can always ask DIAC but as long as you have a reasonable amount of proof they are not going to grill you. They pretty much know the irish and poms dont have the stomach for life without money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I don’t know of anyone that has been asked to prove their funds so unless you act funny they will probably just wave you through. Having said that even if you can prove that your parents can send you money then you should be fine. That might mean having to ring them at the airport should you actually get stopped but as I said it’s highly unlikely. I know Irelands in a recession but we still come from a relatively affluent country so they don’t worry about us not having funds too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

You could sign up for estatements through Internet banking and then just print off latest one before you arrive. As other posters said chances of being checked are minimal anyway so wouldn't stress about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭pmurphy00

came here 10days ago after 5 months in asia
    the guy at immigration actually spoke one work to me
    "passport" that was it nearly everyone i spoke to has
    had the same experience..

i had printed off my balance from internet banking
    but they almost never ask unless u look shifty! ;)

pmurphy00 wrote: »
    came here 10days ago after 5 months in asia
    the guy at immigration actually spoke one work to me
    "passport" that was it nearly everyone i spoke to has
    had the same experience..

i had printed off my balance from internet banking
    but they almost never ask unless u look shifty! ;)

Your talking ****e , no on gets that much conversation:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sarahmccarthy

Thanks for answering, i've signed up for online banking so i can just print off a statement then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

hi,

do you know what is the amount of money you need in your bank account for oz??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

niva*sis wrote: »
    hi,

do you know what is the amount of money you need in your bank account for oz??

thanks

$5000 or €3700

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

iv never heard of anyone been asked.
    when i went through someone walked over from customs i thought she was goina grill me and she asked where i came from and did i pack my bag and a few other things, she pointed to the exit and we didnt have to queue at all....
    Not like the nothing to declare on TV at all !

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

Walked through customs in Brisbane on saturday morning and didnt get asked for proof , declared foods on the customs card and they looked over the card,asked what we had and let us on and never opened up the bags to check

Advertisement