Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdue bill and changing electricity company?

Options
  • 02-06-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

ok so here's my situation i have an outstanding bill with Bord gais approx 300 euro i don't have the money to pay it and i have so many bills I'm finding it hard to give something of it every week

now i am waiting on a fis payment 3 months now and will get a big back pay which is BADLY needed

my question is if i change to airtricity can my esb be knocked of? i will pay bord gais when i get the back pay can i do this as they are very near knocking me of and iv talked to them several times

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I am pretty sure you won't be able to transfer until you clear the bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Speak to MABS op, they are very helpful and will contact the companies you are having trouble paying and negotiate lower repayments for you...

www.mabs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Don't change to Airtricty - they are a nightmare for people who are finding it hard to pay bills. You'll end up in a much worse situation. As a previous poster said go to Mabs - your esb can't cut you off if you've spoken to them and signed up to the household budget.

Would you think of contacting St. Vincent de Paul for a month or so to tide you over with the bill? Also if you've made an agreement to pay so much to Bord Gais and they've knocked you back then they're breaking their own agreements for dealing with debtors. Of course you also need to stick to the agreement as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

lisar816 wrote: »
    ok so here's my situation i have an outstanding bill with Bord gais approx 300 euro i don't have the money to pay it and i have so many bills I'm finding it hard to give something of it every week

now i am waiting on a fis payment 3 months now and will get a big back pay which is BADLY needed

my question is if i change to airtricity can my esb be knocked of? i will pay bord gais when i get the back pay can i do this as they are very near knocking me of and iv talked to them several times

You can change to whatever provider you like regardless of how much you owe. However, you'll more than likely be asked for a security deposit. Which I imagine would be quite close to the 300 euro you owe.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

You can change to whatever provider you like regardless of how much you owe. However, you'll more than likely be asked for a security deposit. Which I imagine would be quite close to the 300 euro you owe.

S

you don't have to pay the deposit if you pay by direct debit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

ok so i did switch didn't have to pay anything because i used direct debit not sure what happens now but i know i will never let my bill get this much again
    hopefully i can start afresh and get the other one sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

lisar816 wrote: »
    ok so i did switch didn't have to pay anything because i used direct debit not sure what happens now but i know i will never let my bill get this much again
    hopefully i can start afresh and get the other one sorted soon

ge a card so you can pay your bill each week instead of every 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Bob Z wrote: »
    ge a card so you can pay your bill each week instead of every 2 months
    were do i get this card of airtricity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ask them over the phone, it'll take about a month to get it, or you can just bring your bill to the post office and pay too

Advertisement