Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German shepherd puppy

• 02-06-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

my seven week old German shepherd puppy's right eye is weeping and the tears turned hard and when i wiped it off some hair came with it is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Ah......no I would not think so.

Best to take to your vet for a check. did you just get him or did you breed him.....ie do you know if he has had vaccinations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

bought her but got a vet card with all here needles on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

ok well I know nothing about that so.....are you supossed to inject her yourself?

did you know she is a bit young to have been taken from the bitch? may be best to check with the vet just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

When did you get her? 7 weeks is too young to be taken from the mother.

I would bring her to the vet and get her checked over as her eye shouldnt be weeping like that. It might not be too serious, but depending on the conditions the pups were kept in, it could be an infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

She is young to be away from her mum and litter mates. At 7 weeks she won't have had all of her injections yet, probably just the parvo at 6 weeks, so definitely get in touch with the vet tomorrow.

• Advertisement

i thought it was a little young but was told by the seller it was fine. What age should she be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Dont always believe what they tell you... Where did you find the breeder?

Im guessing if they were giving the pups away at that age they werent very responsible. When did you actually get the pup? Is it registered, microchipped etc?
    They should be at least 8 or 9 weeks.

she will be eight weeks old this Sunday i got her on Monday found her on done deal. She is chipped and registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    she will be eight weeks old this Sunday i got her on Monday found her on done deal. She is chipped and registered.

OK, whats done is done.

I would phone the vet in the morning and make an appointment, I would recommend this for anyone that gets a new dog anyway. Bring all of the documentation you were given with you, and make sure that the vet scans the pup for the microchip and checks that it is registered in your name. It is scarey how many breeders don't bother registering the chips, making them worse than useless.

She will be needing her vaccinations anyway, no matter what the breeder told you, she isn't fully vaccinated yet, she shouldn't have had any jabs apart from parvo at the age you got her, so she will need the initial set and then the booster 2 weeks later. Your vet will be able to explain all of this to you.

Best of luck with your pup.

Advertisement