Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass cutting - Letterkenny.

• 02-06-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of or would recommend someone to cut the gardens at a house in Ashfield?

Thanks

Edit/ Pm me if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Cheers P. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I was just about to post a thread asking the same thing, we need the same at our house up near the Mountain Top if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Can I get the number too, please and thank you :)

I was just about to post a thread asking the same thing, we need the same at our house up near the Mountain Top if possible.

pm sent

• Advertisement

IPAM wrote: »
    Can I get the number too, please and thank you :)

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I wish I was a kid again! I remember cutting the neighbours grass when I was about 10 or so, got £10 for front and back and then £7 for just the back. Bringing an empty bottle of coke to the garage and filling it up for £1.50!

Ah the good old days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I wish I was a kid again! I remember cutting the neighbours grass when I was about 10 or so, got £10 for front and back and then £7 for just the back. Bringing an empty bottle of coke to the garage and filling it up for £1.50!

Ah the good old days.

I'd do that now if I could afford a
    lawnmower :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Speaking of which, mine broke the other day. Have to buy a new one. Told the mother I seen a great deal in DID Electrical for an electric lawn mower with free trimmer and BBQ for €100. She didn't like it though cos it wasn't a petrol one, apparantly it's better lol

Speaking of which, mine broke the other day. Have to buy a new one. Told the mother I seen a great deal in DID Electrical for an electric lawn mower with free trimmer and BBQ for €100. She didn't like it though cos it wasn't a petrol one, apparantly it's better lol
    I bought this last Sunday down in Argos in Strabane. Good enough value but the mower is very light and you wouldnt really want to use it in a big(ish) garden or if the grass is very long. The bag doesnt hold much so you would need to be mowing every 7 - 10 days.

Still a good enough deal at £66.66 which worked out at €79 which is a bit cheaper than the €89.99 price in the Letterkenny Argos store

• Advertisement

.17hmr wrote: »
    pm sent
    Just a heads up on this. It was my daughter who was looking to get her grass cut and she phoned the guy and asked how much it would cost and he said he wouldnt know until he would see it and that he would come out yesterday evening and have a look.

She never seen or heard from him yesterday so she phoned him this morning again and he claims he was out yesterday evening (he never thought of ringing her door bell when he was there though).

Anyhow, he give her a price but said he wouldn't cut it as he wouldnt come into the estate just for one garden. I would have thought that coming into an estate and being seen would have generated a bit of business for him but there you go.

She has a christening tomorrow with family and friends going back to the house so it wont be ideal settings as they say.

Sorry, .17hmr. I appreciate you taking the time to post PM a number but clearly the guy is cherry picking potential customers.

muffler wrote: »
    Just a heads up on this. It was my daughter who was looking to get her grass cut and she phoned the guy and asked how much it would cost and he said he wouldnt know until he would see it and that he would come out yesterday evening and have a look.

She never seen or heard from him yesterday so she phoned him this morning again and he claims he was out yesterday evening (he never thought of ringing her door bell when he was there though).

Anyhow, he give her a price but said he wouldn't cut it as he wouldnt come into the estate just for one garden. I would have thought that coming into an estate and being seen would have generated a bit of business for him but there you go.

She has a christening tomorrow with family and friends going back to the house so it wont be ideal settings as they say.

Sorry, .17hmr. I appreciate you taking the time to post PM a number but clearly the guy is cherry picking potential customers.

I got in contact with him too, no reply as yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

i was asked last week to do a days work at a garden.

i will be there for about 2 weeks doing other wee maintainence jobs about the place, she was that impressed. if it hadn't been for this i would have cut grass till the cows come home.

i was asked last week to do a days work at a garden.

i will be there for about 2 weeks doing other wee maintainence jobs about the place, she was that impressed. if it hadn't been for this i would have cut grass till the cows come home.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

????

if i wasn't at this job for the next 2 weeks i would be available for grass duties

if i wasn't at this job for the next 2 weeks i would be available for grass duties

Ah right! now i get ya.

sorry every one i have worked with this lad on and off for a few years now and well didnt think he would pick and chose especially in the times that are in it but there you go the grass cutting must be doing well when he can do this .sorry again every one .i will make sure my self the next time before i offer some one the opportunity of some work .
    paddy.

.17hmr wrote: »
    sorry every one i have worked with this lad on and off for a few years now and well didnt think he would pick and chose especially in the times that are in it but there you go the grass cutting must be doing well when he can do this .sorry again every one .i will make sure my self the next time before i offer some one the opportunity of some work .
    paddy.
    Dont worry about it P. Certainly not your fault and no need to apologise at all. You were only trying to help people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 donalabu

PM sent if you still need grass cut.
    regards
    donalabu

donalabu wrote: »
    PM sent if you still need grass cut.
    regards
    donalabu
    Cheers D. Got that and replied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fooftball special

Hey guys
    I'm not a professional grass cutter but I have a van and a lawnmower pm if ya want me to cut your grass in letterkenny area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Having same problem too! Landlord trying to get someone but they're not getting back to him. Could someone PM me number for someone? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

chris_ie wrote: »
    Having same problem too! Landlord trying to get someone but they're not getting back to him. Could someone PM me number for someone? Thanks!

Cud I get that number too please?

lila44 wrote: »
    I'll get you the name and phone number of the guy who my daughter got/gets to cut her grass. He's fairly good and charges a reasonable price.

It will be tomorrow night before I have it but I will PM both of you then.

lila44 wrote: »
    PM sent folks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

If anyone wants any odd jobs done round the garden or grass cut, gimme a PM and i'll get you in touch with someone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

I know I'm bringing back an old thread but I was just wondering if anyone had a current number for someone who cuts grass in the Letterkenny Area? The warm weather has just made it sprout up!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 livelifelove

MissMoppet wrote: »
    I know I'm bringing back an old thread but I was just wondering if anyone had a current number for someone who cuts grass in the Letterkenny Area? The warm weather has just made it sprout up!!:eek:

Will PM you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Note to self: bring mower with you when moving to Ireland :)

• Advertisement

Anyone have a number of someone who is currently cutting grass?

Cheers.

Advertisement