Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oven not working

Options
  • 02-06-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

jus called out to have a look at a friends oven there earlier, its a beko fan assisted oven,

grills working and the fan comes on when set to oven setting, but its not heating

im nearly 90% sure its the element

just wondering how would you tell if the element OR the thermostat is gone?

would the fan come on if the stat is broke?:confused:

im gonna order the element tomorrow anyways but i was jus thinking about the stat on the way home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Did you meter the element and stat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

only way to be 100% sure ,is to get at element terminals and check voltage
    other than that remove connections and check element continuity
    visually there may be a blowout where element is gone

im sure you will isolate the power before you do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Best test of all is to see if there is 230v on the element terminals when the oven is on.

An ohms test can be used though, about 18 ohms for a 3kw element, not sure what element is in that oven, but if the element is gone, the element will appear like an open circuit in an ohms test, although sometimes blown elements can give a bit of a reading, but likely much higher than the 18 ohms for 3kw, 27 ohms for 2kw, or 54 ohms for 1kw.

If the indicator light comes on when the oven stat is turned on, it usually means the stat is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

If possible take the cover off the element and shine a torch in, had this problem recently and the element had collapsed and touched each other and blown...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

ahh i havent even taken a proper look at it yet, he jus wanted me to have a quick look basically show me what wasnt working. ill have her open tomorrow. its a 2.2kw oven so im jus gonna pick up a element tomorrow in mastercare:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

more than likely element

as robbie said if the indicator and fan are on

Advertisement