Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebond house building manual 6th edition

• 02-06-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everyone,

Starting a self-build shortly and this book seems to be a must-have. Tried to order it everywhere and no luck, its out of print and Easons (high st and online), Amazon, Homebond themselves don't have it.

Homebond tell me its currently going through another print run and it'll be available in september (on their website it says April!).

However I'd really need to get it as soon as possible so I'm hoping someone may have a 2nd hand 6th edition that they no longer need and may be willing to sell?

Please let me know if you do, thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

hi cjlx have you had any luck finding this book as i would be intrested in it too

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CJLX

Not yet Jugger,

Its rare like bloody hens teeth!! Homebond say its being reprinted and will be available again in September but only time will tell.

In the meantime I'm going to keep checking independent bookstores as online seems like a dead-end at the moment. If you find any copies let me know, I'll do the same for you.

i ordered it online off easons today they say i should have it by the 29 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CJLX

I did the same but the order was cancelled inside of a day or 2 as they said it wasn't in stock or in print. I may try again if it works for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Not sure where you are in the country but I know that Dublin Libraries have several copies of the 6th edition although there tends to be a fair demand for it.

You can reserve it though...

• Advertisement

CJLX wrote: »
    I did the same but the order was cancelled inside of a day or 2 as they said it wasn't in stock or in print. I may try again if it works for you!

i thought that was too easy i will let you know when they cancel :mad:

and today the order was cancelled :o
    any one else have any luck ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

A quick google returned this. Worth a phonecall/email???

http://dublin.craigslist.org/bks/2377467842.html

And although its not a new build book, and I have never seen it before this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Extension-Manual-Step-step/dp/1844253570/ref=pd_sim_b_1 seems like a must have to me. I'd put my house on a haynes manual... waiting for it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Build4less.ie

I think Homebond are gone bust that is why it is very difficult to get the book. I hope non of you have a structural guarantee from them cause if you do you dont any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

I have spent the last few weeks looking for it with no joy either - didn't realise they had gone bust?

• Advertisement
Advertisement