Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Science and Engineering

Options
  • 02-06-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody done this course? I'm interested in it because I've been out of college for a while now due to illness and don't feel I'll be ready by September for a full-time course, but I think part-time would suit me down to the ground.

Ideally, the long-term goal is to get into Medicine. I know it specifies that there is no guarantee into Medicine from this course, but is it still the right path to be taking?

Does anyone know anything about it? Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

If you want to do medicine, have you considered the GAMSAT?

Edit: No wait, you have to have an undergrad degree with the GAMSAT... sorry :(

I'm afraid I don't know anything about that access course so can't really comment on it. You could get in contact with the Medicine programmes office and see if they will give you some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crouchimus

Hi,

I've been researching this course and the science degree for the past months and have been in contact with the administrator.
    Finances willing, and succesful application, I'll be in this course in a few months.
    Hopefully go on to the science degree and major in Zoology.

The webpage for the acces course seems to be down at the moment so I won't link it but it should be back up soon. Email the administrator - details will be on the page, they're very helful and will answer any queries.

I believe that applicants for medicine from this course are assessed on a case by case basis but I'm sure the staff will be happy to give you more info.

Hope this helps a bit.

Advertisement