Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Observation with regards to post times

Options
  • 02-06-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

When i'm logged in the forum displays the correct time, but if i'm not logged in the time is an hour behind. I'm posting this at....about 21:22, but if i log out & check it it will be 20:22(i hope anyway after i post this or i'm gone mad :)).

Not the most important thing ever brought up i'm sure but its strange. Just wondering are people fimilar with the fact & is there a reason for it? Or is it just me? Browser/laptop issue on my end maybe?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

In your user CP there is a daylight time setting, might have an effect on cookies while logged out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

Scratch that idea :)

Didn't work for me. Might be on the server end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Went into my CP & at the bottom of edit options page it says 'All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:16'. So maybe a server setting somewhere where someone isn't logged in is still set to just GMT. I.e not set for Daylight Saving.

EDIT thats actually just at the bottom of every page, never noticed that before.

EDIT 2: ya when not logged in the time zone is just GMT for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

What is this "not logged in" that you refer to? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

sentient_6 wrote: »
    When i'm logged in the forum displays the correct time, but if i'm not logged in the time is an hour behind. I'm posting this at....about 21:22, but if i log out & check it it will be 20:22(i hope anyway after i post this or i'm gone mad :)).

Not the most important thing ever brought up i'm sure but its strange. Just wondering are people fimilar with the fact & is there a reason for it? Or is it just me? Browser/laptop issue on my end maybe?
    Same for me. Hour difference.
    Orion wrote: »
    What is this "not logged in" that you refer to? :confused:
    If your browsing the site without entering your username/password you wouldn't be logged in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're right. The guest setting seems to be set to GMT.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Subscribers get their posts displayed in Julian format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

seamus wrote: »
    You're right. The guest setting seems to be set to GMT.
    When logged in, the homepage displays the thread titles with the date in American format (ie. month first, day second), with the time following.

Can this be changed to the Irish way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Yes noticed that since the clocks changed at least.

Advertisement