Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Town Robberies

Options
  • 02-06-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has heard about a spate of car-break-inss/robberies in Kildare Town last Monday or Tuesday?

A bicycle was stolen from my house but I heard lots of cars were broken into in a neighbouring estate. This is the first time I have heard of this happening in this area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Didnt hear that one specifically but its happening all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Which part of the town was hit? In the past, there have been nights where damage or vandalism was done across estates or part of the town in one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

It's everywhere unfortunately. Vigilance helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

It was in the Rathbride Road area, it was just something mentioned to me by a neighbour and I was trying to find out if there was truth to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

It was in Rathbride abbey and in Curragh finn. My father in law's car was one of them and 2 others i know. Thing is all the cars that had stuff taken from them were unlocked!
    Sad to say but, for a long time now it's been the case that you don't leave anything open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I know it's not Kildare but happened to us in newbridge last weekend. They nabbed the sat nav. Somehow I left the damn car unlocked.

Had my laptop in plain view in the other (locked) car and it was left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

NedNew2 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has heard about a spate of car-break-inss/robberies in Kildare Town last Monday or Tuesday?

A bicycle was stolen from my house but I heard lots of cars were broken into in a neighbouring estate. This is the first time I have heard of this happening in this area.

The Rathbride area fell victim to this spree. The only went for cars that were unlocked. There was a bike at the entrance of the estate the next morning I think it's still there (might be yours).

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

I did a drive around the following day to see if they had ditched it somewhere, I saw that bike at the entrance to Rahtbride Abbey alright but it isnt mine.

I did hear that the Gardai are following a definite line of enquiry though.

Its not nice to know that these people had no scruples in entering peoples private property and raiding peoples belongings.

Yea heard they found a mobile phone in one of the cars that may have belonged to one of the thiefs!

32finn wrote: »
    Yea heard they found a mobile phone in one of the cars that may have belonged to one of the thiefs!

Heard that too but unless you hear it from the horses mouth I would take it with a grain of salt. Wonder if any of the houses have any CCTV might see something on them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

Hi lads, i set up a site a few weeks ago to deal with the issue of people not knowing whats gone on in there area, you can report a crime and pin point its gps location. www.crime.ie Sorry to any mods if i've breached any terms here.

Irish Fire wrote: »
    Heard that too but unless you hear it from the horses mouth I would take it with a grain of salt. Wonder if any of the houses have any CCTV might see something on them??

That is where i heard it!! And yes, some houses in the area have cctv.

32finn wrote: »
    That is where i heard it!! And yes, some houses in the area have cctv.

Sorry if I sounded smart saying that. I was told this morning that they have a guy for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mum2007

Irish Fire wrote: »
    Sorry if I sounded smart saying that. I was told this morning that they have a guy for it.

Yes, they do have the guy. He left his mobile phone on the seat of my neighbours car. The Gardai arrested him last week. There was over 15 cars that were opened and searched by him and anything valuable was taken.

I live in Rathbride Abbey and we are having terrible trouble with vandals and theft in our estate. At the moment, they are running off on foot down to the back off the estate but god only knows how frequent these attacks will become if Kildare County Council open up the link road through Rathbride Abbey making it easier for these thugs to get away.

And don't be under any illusions that these are all only young kids that don't drive, the 2 men on my back wall were in their 20's and driving a white hi-ace van. The fella they arrested last week that broke into all the cars is also in his 20's. These are not 14 or 15 yr olds robbing cars and house, the only thing that hinders them from making these attacks more frequent is they don't have a good escape route at present as they have to run and climb walls. It's nice to see Kildare County Council are looking after someone's interest.. I suppose all the thugs must stick together!

Advertisement