Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Octo LNB

• 02-06-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Any guidance much appreciated,
    I have a sky octo lnb,but i only use 6 of the connecters.
    is there any order in which they should be used or does it matter?:confused:
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Doesn't matter what order you use them in,you have space to connect another 2 boxes to the lnb.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Apology in advance for going a bit off topic.

I am getting a new install of Sky next month, hoping to use an octo so I can add freesat/and use my old sky boxes in bedrooms. I have an octo from an old dish, but I believe (maybe wrongly) that Sky have changed their dish style, wondered if it will be any good or will I need a new one.

It looks like this one: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTndCWF6rchdRbWwtSXxb2B_mPXeSvUGJfVw6awb9Qu5jWmdGhnjA

Thanks for any advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

You can pick up the sky satellite with a frying pan as long as its pointed in the right direction. :D

Dish wont matter

So thats why Rupert Murdoch has started the Sky cookware division, installer asking me If I want a tefal hotspot pan as my dish or stainless steel!

Just wondered if my LNB will need an adaptor etc to fit the arm on new dishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The one you have in the pic is the new style mount

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

I recently had a new install from sky at parents place.They already have UK FSFS.When installer rang the night before install i told him we would need an octo lnb.He said ok and supplied it with new dish.No extra charge or hassle.:)

kelsca wrote: »
    I recently had a new install from sky at parents place.They already have UK FSFS.When installer rang the night before install i told him we would need an octo lnb.He said ok and supplied it with new dish.No extra charge or hassle.:)

ooh, might chance my arm then, no harm in asking.

Advertisement