Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips,help,predictions,general advice.

• 02-06-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Ok so the exam are approaching. I've been studying since September but no matter how much work I do I feel like I should be doing more, even when I get 7/8 hours a day done.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any last minute advice for the following subjects to give me more belief in myself.

- French
    - Biology
    - DCG
    - Economics
    - Ag Science
    - Technology.

What should I be doing & not doing the day before and what should I be doing on the morning of these subjects & not doing?
    Does anyone have any good exam tips or strategies, even people not doing the above subjects?

Any help at all would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Just as a general tip, if you've been studying since September you're bound to know some, if not a lot, of the course. Just remind yourself of that. What I'll be doing the night before is just casually reading over any notes I've written out on the subject, paying particular attention to any areas I'm weak in or that are bound to come up (not a prediction or anything...something like the special topic in Engineering). The morning of the exam if I have any time before to study I'll pick one or two sections I feel I'll really need and I'll write them out again straight from my notes. That way all the information will be fresh in my mind when the exam starts. After that all I can tell you is try not to stress, get some good sleep and keep hydrated. Its shaping up to be a few very hot weeks and if you get dehydrated during your exam your mental capacity to work will undoubtedly drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

French- In all honesty, what you're expected to know for this exam is really quite little.

By this stage, you should have general competence in comprehensions and listening (if you don't, you might as well get some last minute practice). But for me, I'll just be looking over small phrases and useful vocabulary that I can thrown into the written pieces. You only have to write 75/90 words so it's all important.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

There's alot you can do for Francais:

-Vocabulary for key topics (Fashion, Binge eating, Obesity, War, Racism etc...)
    -I covered as many topics as I could and all them topics came up, if you want the marks in Francais, you have to put in the work.
    -PRACTICE TAPE TAPE - MAKE LISTS OF VOCABULARY you don't know and learn them, vocabulary repeat themselves in tape.
    -Practice - comprehensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

At this stage, make sure you look after yourselves lads. You know how useless you are after a late night or two. Make sure you get 8 hours, eat well (not crappy food, anyone with study poop at the mo? :pac:) Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

GVNDNN wrote: »
    There's alot you can do for Francais:

-Vocabulary for key topics (Fashion, Binge eating, Obesity, War, Racism etc...)

Thanks for the help.:)

Do you know where I could find some vocab on the above topics?

• Advertisement
Advertisement