Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best cover band in the country

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mufc2010

You travel around the country to see a cover band????

Do you not think your money may be better spent going to see an actual band?

nope bluemoose and revenge are more than good enough

Disgusting comment. There are some exceptional musicians in cover bands and in "crappy original bands" who go out and play simply for the enjoyment it brings. Your opinion seems to be formed from an egotistical and naive outlook.

could not agree more gibzilla

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

mufc2010 wrote: »
    in my view it would have to be

1....BLUEMOOSE
    2....REVENGE
    3....J90
    3....ZOOT ALLURES
    4....RECOIL

Yay, I'm gigging with number 2 for the next couple of weeks.

Yay, I'm gigging with number 2 for the next couple of weeks.
    bass player? play in any other bands ?

Yup, Bass. Play guitar in a few bands in Cork, bass in Contraband (New band being setup, should be gigging mid August at this rate). Actually sitting here now going through the set for first gig tomorrrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Surprised at that Lordoat

Yup, Bass. Play guitar in a few bands in Cork, bass in Contraband (New band being setup, should be gigging mid August at this rate). Actually sitting here now going through the set for first gig tomorrrow night.

oul shane be missed was a legend ..do revenge play the bell blanchardstown this sat ?

I'm just waiting for gig confirmations later today, but there's 4 this week. Killarney, Waterford, Limerick and Dublin. Think Dublin's on Sat alright.

I'm just waiting for gig confirmations later today, but there's 4 this week. Killarney, Waterford, Limerick and Dublin. Think Dublin's on Sat alright.
    lovely stuff see ya sat ni make sure u have the u2 with or without u tune down to a t love there mashup of it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Beatclub ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Remember you cant judge a musician fully within his role within a cover band, sometimes they are under the contraints of the tracks they play and dont really want to steer to far away for the original.

I find with alot of up and coming bands the musicians are still playing for themselves and over playing to show what they can do rather than for the good of the band which is why they dont always last and wonder why the diary and venue isnt filling up.

Alot of the bands you mentioned have been around for years in other bands so they kinda know the ropes and whats expected in order to make it their living.

Check diarys and venues in order to really see whos doing the biz, and filling the venues the main 3 are Big Generator, Bluemoose and J90 and I do like Gorilla radio for again finding another niche so people dont have to see the same set each week for different bands.

Enjoy.

fuc* it we give it a bump.... still having checked out whitewater or gorilla radio snapping they dont play dublin that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGenius

Can't believe this is a serious thread. I have nothing against cover bands, but wtf is this all about? Westlife have more credibility than Bluemoose. Stick to playing Lady Gaga covers and stop pretending your some kind of real or relevant band lads. You're shíte.

iGenius wrote: »
    Can't believe this is a serious thread. I have nothing against cover bands, but wtf is this all about? Westlife have more credibility than Bluemoose. Stick to playing Lady Gaga covers and stop pretending your some kind of real or relevant band lads. You're shíte.

you having a clue

Wow. You sure told us. You should continue to impart your wisdom.

Whoops. Nevermind. You're just bumping lots of threads in here and being negative on all of them.

you having a clue

The word is haven't.

Owen wrote: »
    Wow. You sure told us. You should continue to impart your wisdom.

And wow. That was a cool reply.

• Advertisement

The word is haven't.
    a its the way i spell this happens (wen u leave schol early)

iGenius, you might want to read the forum's charter.

a its the way i spell this happens (wen u leave schol early)

Aged 5 was it? I'm not surprised you can't string a sentence together. Living up to your username and posts about following a bunch of hairy men around the country. :o

Aged 5 was it? I'm not surprised you can't string a sentence together. Living up to your username and posts about following a bunch of hairy men around the country. :o

emm 7 i think... ill keep following these bands around the country and drink myself silly...vocab alri in this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The second time I saw Bluemoose I just got bored of them. They're not bad musicians but they play Athlone far too many times (one member is a local lad) and they always play the same songs every time. To be honest I'd give more credit to a rubbish original band than a half-decent pub cover band because at least they make the effort to write their own material.

emm 7 i think... ill keep following these bands around the country and drink myself silly...vocab alri in this?

The Queen Mother would be proud alri.

Zero1986 wrote: »
    To be honest I'd give more credit to a rubbish original band than a half-decent pub cover band because at least they make the effort to write their own material.

But that's not what this thread is about ... :confused:

That's surely a discussion for a separate thread rather than derailing this one, don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

But that's not what this thread is about ... :confused:

That's surely a discussion for a separate thread rather than derailing this one, don't you think?
    My point is why are we having discussions on cover bands in the first place? Sure there's some decent cover bands but it puzzles me why bands like Bluemoose and Big Generator are more popular than good original Irish bands like Butterfly Explosion and Halves. It kind of says something about the attitude of the general public towards homegrown music in this country. No way would cover bands reach that level of popularity in the UK.

Zero1986 wrote: »
    My point is why are we having discussions on cover bands in the first place?

Because this is a fscking thread about Coverbands. You're dragging this thread off topic. If you want to have a discussion about why you don't like Coverbands, go do it in a thread of your own.

Back on topic, went to see Nookie a few weeks back, really enjoyed the gig. Looking forward to seeing iFunk soon too, nothing better than some bass slapping funk!

• Advertisement

Because this is a fscking thread about Coverbands. You're dragging this thread off topic. If you want to have a discussion about why you don't like Coverbands, go do it in a thread of your own.

Back on topic, went to see Nookie a few weeks back, really enjoyed the gig. Looking forward to seeing iFunk soon too, nothing better than some bass slapping funk!

nookie are class man lead guitarist is unreal..amazing cover of purple rain they do

Advertisement