Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Indy Mechanic in Cork for VW Golf TDI

Options
  • 02-06-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey Guys,
    I've a 2005 VW Golf Mark 5 2.0L TDI. Over the past few months it's been having an intermittent issue when accelerating hard to overtake. It accelerates fine, no clouds of blue/white smoke, no excessive whistling from the turbo etc.. but sometimes the engines hits this "flat point" at which point there no more acceleration available and the car struggles to maintain speed.

The first time this happened on the M50 on the way to Cork it freaked me out, but after pulling over the cycling the engine from on/off/on it cleared the error and i drove on trouble free.

This issue has been occurring more frequently recently so i brought it in for a service and a diagnostic check (it was due to service). A quick scan of the ECU kicked up a fault code P0234 - over boost condition in the charge pressure system. I've done a good bit of research on the fault code http://www.justanswer.com/vw-volkswagen/11mjw-error-code-p0234-n75-valve-i-ve-read.html for instance and it appears there are 3 or 4 things to look at in terms of investigating and correcting the issue.

I spoke to a VW main dealer and there first response was to replace the turbo, which I feel is mad, it's not a mechanical issue with the turbo.

I was wondering does anybody have any good recommendations for an independent VW mechanic in Cork to look at the MAF sensor, check for leaks in the vac lines to the turbo and check out the waste gate valve (EGR).

Thanks in advance for your responses
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Cork City or County?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Autowerks in Midleton. And the spelling is correct...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 GeneralDisorder

@Vectra: im based in the city but either or really, if it's worth travelling then I don't mind

@EPM: thanks for the name, I'll give them a call this morning

Advertisement