Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forgotten password to log onto UPC wireless router

• 02-06-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I want to log onto my UPC cisco wireless router to change a setting or two, but ive forgotten my password.

If i do a hard reset of the router, will all the upc configuration settings be wiped and if so, where do i find them again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

leave both password and username blank, just press ok and it will ask you to create a new password

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

thats not working im afraid, i left both fields blank. I tried it 3 times and nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

if i leave the username blank, but enter the password ( i knew that i was using the correct one!) it works! seems awfully un-secure to me.
    Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

[QUOTE=fret_wimp2;72557792seems awfully un-secure to me.[/QUOTE]

How secure is your home? If someone gets this far with the router, then they're already in your house. Besides, there's nothing you can really do with the router setup that needs security.

Advertisement