Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First half marathon, 3 weeks to go

• 02-06-2011 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi Folks, Ive run one ten k and have been doin a bit of extra training. I ran ten mile there last week and taught i was gonna die after it but anyway my question is this, what is the best way to prepare for a half marathon in 3 weeks? Should i try run 13 mile before it or not? Its the Enniscorthy half on26 June and im determined to give it a shot. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hey there, I'm no expert at all, but if I were you I'd do 11 this weekend, and 12 next weekend, and then 10 again the following weekend. Just take it nice and slow, and you'll be grand, especially if you are more focused on completing and enjoying the half, rather than aiming for a certain time, iykwim.

Enniscorthy was the first half I did last year, and I really enjoyed it. Just pace yourself well for the first half (which is harder than the second half)
    Best of luck :)

Advertisement