Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting!!!!

• 02-06-2011 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Any predictions plz.
    i think it will be
    - Club
    - Reval
    - Published

-Ratios
    -Tab
    -Incomplete

- Marginal
    - Budgeting

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Sunny!! wrote: »
    Any predictions plz.
    i think it will be
    - Club
    - Reval
    - Published

-Ratios
    -Tab
    -Incomplete

- Marginal
    - Budgeting

Anyone else?

Club, Reval and Published for the 60 mark?

I always do 120.

I think Incomplete are likely for 100, and obviously Ratios, any reason you think Tab for that? I think a Published or Club is just as likely.

And I agree with you on the 80 mark, I think Marginal & Absorption will be in together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Club 100 ? Tab 60 maybe?

Tab was 06 last
    club was 04 last club more likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Pub depr reval for 60's

100- incomplete-cashbook

80- CVP, production budget

i agree, except dep and reval on the same paper couldnt see it:)

i agree, except dep and reval on the same paper couldnt see it:)

Yeah trying to remember exactly what my teacher predicted but its buried in one of my copies somewhere :P

• Advertisement

i think club and tab really just have to be on the paper thus year. Really like:)

i think club and tab really just have to be on the paper thus year. Really like:)

Not sure which i would prefer, i mean a nice 100marker tab would be awesome but ive seen a few with vat that can be a bit tricky from time to time, but then again, theres no real theory they'll ask for tab! So we will have to see on the day.

Think I would prefer the 100 tab to come up tbh as my theory isnt as good as it should be :L

magicianz wrote: »
    Not sure which i would prefer, i mean a nice 100marker tab would be awesome but ive seen a few with vat that can be a bit tricky from time to time, but then again, theres no real theory they'll ask for tab! So we will have to see on the day.

Think I would prefer the 100 tab to come up tbh as my theory isnt as good as it should be :L

Tabs are so easy, I really doubt they'll come up. Even the ones with VAT are very easy if you keep your head. And no theory too.

Clubs on the other hand can be slightly tricky sometimes....or maybe it's just me. I make stupid mistakes doing the subs sometimes, though the theory is generally pretty easy.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Tabs are so easy, I really doubt they'll come up. Even the ones with VAT are very easy if you keep your head. And no theory too.

Clubs on the other hand can be slightly tricky sometimes....or maybe it's just me. I make stupid mistakes doing the subs sometimes, though the theory is generally pretty easy.

Yeah im the same with stupid mistakes really, in every subject :L like in physics, first time i can remember not labeling axis' like >.> Anyway, yeah 60m club would be lovely really, just have simple checklists for the things people normally forget like loan/loan int/bank in affairs and investments if its given in the bank by something like "Interest of 6% investments - 1,600", thats the usual stuff like.

If I could set it though, id just have -

60m depr/reval

100m tab/100m pub

80m CVP

If that came up i would be happy as larry =D

magicianz wrote: »
    Yeah im the same with stupid mistakes really, in every subject :L like in physics, first time i can remember not labeling axis' like >.> Anyway, yeah 60m club would be lovely really, just have simple checklists for the things people normally forget like loan/loan int/bank in affairs and investments if its given in the bank by something like "Interest of 6% investments - 1,600", thats the usual stuff like.

If I could set it though, id just have -

60m depr/reval

100m tab/100m pub

80m CVP

If that came up i would be happy as larry =D

I'd prefer Club as a 60 mark so I wouldn't have to do it.

I always do 120 because I think they're the easiest thing on the course really.

And my dream for 80 mark would be Flexi-Budget but I don't think it's likely. But I can do marginal & absorption costing.

Still Accounting is the one subject that I'm not worried about at all. Unless something horrible comes up, I'll get an A1.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »

if you look at the stats on tab they seem to come up every two years, there not that easy one or two hard things, vat was on pres like but pres arent realistic, if tabs dont come up it would be the sock of the lc for me:eek:

if you look at the stats on tab they seem to come up every two years, there not that easy one or two hard things, vat was on pres like but pres arent realistic, if tabs dont come up it would be the sock of the lc for me:eek:

As a 60 mark though, only once as a 100 mark.

It's been ages since a club was a 100 mark and Incomplete is every 2nd year.

oh i hope it is a 60 alright, I love my clubs as 100 and the theory seems to be standard. Ratios and club as 100's what a dream:)

oh i hope it is a 60 alright, I love my clubs as 100 and the theory seems to be standard. Ratios and club as 100's what a dream:)

You do ratios??? :eek:

best question on the paper! so easy! :D like if it was published as a 100 incomplete net worth, its just so much easier to do the ratios instead

best question on the paper! so easy! :D like if it was published as a 100 incomplete net worth, its just so much easier to do the ratios instead

But you actually have to learn stuff. :eek: I wouldn't touch it. Incomplete are grand, published are grand, clubs are grand, cash flows are grand, tabs are grand....I can't see any situation where I'd actually prefer to do ratios.

its the hiddin gem of accounting haha, sure like for english youve to learn off reams of quotes dont mind just doing a little bit of learning for acc, im leaving out cashflow,suspense so it might just be safer. we just had it bate into us really

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

My dream paper would be;

Company

Club
    Incomplete (control!)

Marginal/Production.

I will cry with joy if they all come up. Extremely unlikely, but I can dream!

maginal be mixed in with something id say. Flexy should be a big prediction really. But its so easy im not even going to bother, marginal, budgeting, job costing

its the hiddin gem of accounting haha, sure like for english youve to learn off reams of quotes dont mind just doing a little bit of learning for acc, im leaving out cashflow,suspense so it might just be safer. we just had it bate into us really

Yeah but the thing is I don't learn off loads of quotes for English. I generally remember them first time without any effort, just from listening in class.

Not the case with ratios, meaning I drop them.

• Advertisement

like we all have our own niches, id prefer a ratio over published, maybe its the way my teacher thought it made me like it

like we all have our own niches, id prefer a ratio over published, maybe its the way my teacher thought it made me like it

For me, the published are basically the same as company. Which are my favourite thing on the paper. So it makes sense that way.

Still whatever suits. :)

oh, we dont do the 120's unfortunately thats why i find it difficult maybe:)

oh, we dont do the 120's unfortunately thats why i find it difficult maybe:)

Aw that makes sense then.

I like 120s, I don't think I've got a company wrong since before Christmas of 5th year. The manufacturing ones can be slightly tricky alright.

If something really impossible did come up though I'd probably be able to handle the 60 marks anyway.

There isn't any theory in the 60s, is there?

oh you would, lot of overplapping, published, tab, service, club, there is a bit of theory alright but its not too bad

oh you would, lot of overplapping, published, tab, service, club, there is a bit of theory alright but its not too bad

That must be the reason we don't do it then. I don't like theory and have tried to avoid learning it as much as possible but I think I know what I need to know now.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

if incomplete comes up which one do ya think is more likely?

the 120 is way better so! try and stick with it, because it seems at least 2 out of the 3 60's always have theory. Tbh theres enough theory in ratios haha, so i hate doing more in them questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Perfect paper would be

Section 1
    120 Company a/c

Section 2
    Ratios
    incomplete cash book method or a club a/c

section 3
    Full Marginal question and if not absorption mixed in

• Advertisement

Perfect paper would be

Section 1
    120 Company a/c

Section 2
    Ratios
    incomplete cash book method or a club a/c

section 3
    Full Marginal question and if not absorption mixed in

even marginal flexi be sweet

Advertisement