Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WH40k: Space Marine

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

HOLY SH1T! I want to play that WAY MORE than I want to play the Star Wars MMO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

****in hell that fell below my radar!!! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There hasnt been much info on Dark Millenium in a while though, and it probably won't be released till 2013, so you'll be waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Info on Dark millenium is VERY thin on the ground. The E3 trailer for this year showed less than videos from last year, which wasnt much. THQ have said they are gonna have it front and centre at E3 2012 so can only wait.

I guess with The Old Republic making it's appearance this winter, there's not much sense in trying to roll out a competing sci-fi MMO with a smaller initial fanbase than Star Wars especially considering there's gonna be a reasonable amount of cross-over in potential players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

****in hell that fell below my radar!!! :eek:
    Naturally: it's currently in the Warp.

So, apparently co-op is available. Not ready at launch, but about a month afterwards, and it'll feature....2 missions, in a mode similar to Horde. Better then nothing i suppose.

http://kotaku.com/5836823/co+op-comes-very-very-late-to-the-40k-space-marine-party/gallery/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Overheal wrote: »
    Naturally: it's currently in the Warp.

Damn your pineal eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Waiting ever so patiently for the demo to download >_<

[EDIT]
    Downloaded and played through. Enjoyed quite a bit. Found it very easy to die, and not so easy to do take downs to regain health. Maybe I'm just bad at it, I dont know. I pressed O and the guy just pushed his arm out to no avail. Oh well, will most certainly be picking this up. Looking like an absolute great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

marko93 wrote: »
    Waiting ever so patiently for the demo to download >_<

[EDIT]
    Downloaded and played through. Enjoyed quite a bit. Found it very easy to die, and not so easy to do take downs to regain health. Maybe I'm just bad at it, I dont know. I pressed O and the guy just pushed his arm out to no avail. Oh well, will most certainly be picking this up. Looking like an absolute great game.

You have to stun your target (unless it's a Grot) prior to performing an Execution (it'll come up in a loading screen tip at some point :P).
    Different enemies are vulnerable to different types of stuns - the most common Boyz can be stunned with the basic stun manoeuvre, while tougher ones will require you to perform a sword combo and interrupt/end the combo with the stun ability. There should be 4 stun attacks (unless I've missed out somewhere) - the basic stun, and then for each swing of your weapon during a combo, excluding the fourth strike.

Also, some enemies can be rather opposed to being butchered... ;)

EDIT: Not sure if what I've said is particularly spoiler-y on the gameplay, but I'll err on the side of caution

• Advertisement

Best to pick Orks off at range and combo->stun the last few for health. On the Nobz (big a**e Orks with 2-handed axes) you have to keep pressing the execution button to pull it off or he bodyslams ya.

Also, Exterminatus Co-op DLC preview. Its yer basic 4 person fight against increasingly difficult waves of Orks. Uses the multiplayer format (3 classes, full paint schemes, unlocked weapons) and can bring your unlocked stuff from the MP to Co-op and vice versa. Also seems to be challenges cropping up mid-battle, such as "Melee kill x number of enemies" or "take and Hold this point". Could spice things up from the usual routine of sitting in the same corner that often happens a lot of survival modes.

Cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

you have to keep pressing the execution button to pull it off or he bodyslams ya.
    It's the Execution key you have to bash to pull it off against a Nob? I was bashing the Execution and Melee Attack keys but wasn't fully sure which was right (and I didn't wanna take my chances with a Nob caving my skull in >_>)
    Could spice things up from the usual routine of sitting in the same corner that often happens a lot of survival modes.
    I don't think they'd need bonus objectives to encourage a more aggressive approach to fending off the hordes (for me, at least) - I'd be glad to have a chance to get right into the thick of it and start swinging the chainsword around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Robby91 wrote: »
    It's the Execution key you have to bash to pull it off against a Nob? I was bashing the Execution and Melee Attack keys but wasn't fully sure which was right (and I didn't wanna take my chances with a Nob caving my skull in >_>)

Should just be the attack key, Mouse1. A little icon appears near the bottom of the screen once you start the execution with a finger over that mouse button. I hammered on the execution key and wondered why the Ork kept slamming me, then I noticed I needed to press the attack :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You can bypass all that button mashing guff by using the fury mode. Just walk up to a Nob and hit Execute. Sit back and watch as a Space Marine rips his jaw off with his bare hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

They're really pushing this with advertising....just seen a TV ad on Sky and its been popping up on facebook for the last week or so as well.

Bringing 40K to the masses :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I like some of the achievements. Killing 40,000 enemies in any game mode is a nice little touch. If a little time-consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sarky wrote: »
    I like some of the achievements. Killing 40,000 enemies in any game mode is a nice little touch. If a little time-consuming.
    and as I look at my play time on TF2.... o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

2 more days.. c'mon hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

I hope they keep it varied.

The demo seemed like it could get a bit repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They're really pushing this with advertising....just seen a TV ad on Sky and its been popping up on facebook for the last week or so as well.

Bringing 40K to the masses :eek:

90% of the advertising is clips, not ingame footage though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am thinking of picking this instead of dead island.

Lads are going crazy about this game. I love war 40k series, I bet this one will be good fun too.

Gore! More gore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Getting very good reviews, think I might get it later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Getting very good reviews, think I might get it later today.

I thought it's out on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yesterday in America afaik.

Damn Americans with their Tuesday launch :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Yeah, forgot about that because all my friends got it yesterday, but they ordered it in the US.

Friday it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

People have been playing it all over Europe since Monday night when it ticked over to the 6th at midnight. I think it's just the UK (and us) in Europe that has to wait, which is pretty crap. We're UK when it comes to delayed releases, but we're not able to pay the UK prices. Double standard BS.

I'd love to know the reason for this, it looks like Space Marine is one of the titles caught up in the supposed UK retailers Steam boycott that's being discussed in the other thread.

I ordered from Zavvi, so not sure when I'll be getting it. Can't wait though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

People have been playing it all over Europe since Monday night when it ticked over to the 6th at midnight. I think it's just the UK (and us) in Europe that has to wait, which is pretty crap. We're UK when it comes to delayed releases, but we're not able to pay the UK prices. Double standard BS.

I'd love to know the reason for this, it looks like Space Marine is one of the titles caught up in the supposed UK retailers Steam boycott that's being discussed in the other thread.

I think it stems from the music industry and their charts , stuff would get released on friday so it would chart on sunday or monday or however they work and so stuck to that when it came to games and dvd's, at least that what I have always assumed.

• Advertisement

UK and Ireland usually have new games released on Fridays.

Most of Europe get stuff between Monday and Wednesday depending on the region.

Advertisement