Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WH40k: Space Marine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

That might make sense if it was a retail only release (and I could probably still have one in advance if I wanted by ordering online), but when I have a digital download that's ready to go but locked, and my friends a few hours away are playing it at the beginning of the week, it's not ok. Plenty of Steam games have released on days other than Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

I'm only after copping onto the whole releasing games on a Fri thing. Load of bull. Especially with PC versions that you just download.

Ordered Space Marine online with Gamestop today for E43.97 (will be 50 bucks in store), seemed to be cheapest online, Amazon was around the same in Stg. Gonna play it for 2 weeks and then trade it and the first two mordern warfare's in at Gamestop and get Gears 3 for 3 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

It's out tomorrow D:
    YUSSS
    Any PS3 Marines?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Zavvi tell me my game has shipped, probably won't arrive till the middle of next week though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

If I buy this game in a shop can I then register it on steam?

I see that there is about €20 difference in the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

D wrote: »
    If I buy this game in a shop can I then register it on steam?

I see that there is about €20 difference in the price.
    ya it links to steam automatically, much better value buying in shop or off online retailer.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Zavvi tell me my game has shipped, probably won't arrive till the middle of next week though :(
    You'd be surprised. I pre-ordered something off them, and the day before it say it has been shipped. Wake up next morning to find the game in my post box!
    KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER!

marko93 wrote: »
    You'd be surprised. I pre-ordered something off them, and the day before it say it has been shipped. Wake up next morning to find the game in my post box!
    KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER!

Hope that works with gamestop as well and it'll arrive in the post in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

http://pastebin.com/xVaCNsje

List of all the bold words you can't say online if you're using the PC version! The list cracked me up.

Hope that works with gamestop as well and it'll arrive in the post in the morning!
    No experinece with Gamestop myself! Hope it works out for ya man!

List of all the bold words you can't say online if you're using the PC version! The list cracked me up.
    This has to be the best one
    <badword>hairybeanbag</badword>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

marko93 wrote: »
    This has to be the best one
    <badword>hairybeanbag</badword>

I think 'Nigeria' is a good contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Spade? Dago? Wop/wog? I hope I'm not the only one who hasn't heard these before (except for spade, obviously, but not as an offensive term).

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

That must have been a fun day at the office :D

I think 'Nigeria' is a good contender.

Oh missed that one!
    Seriously, what were they thinking?
    HA FÚCK YOU, YA NIGERIA! LOLOLOL

No really? Were they high?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Robby91 wrote: »
    Spade? Dago? Wop/wog? I hope I'm not the only one who hasn't heard these before (except for spade, obviously, but not as an offensive term).

Definitely heard spade being used as an offensive term for black people. Think it's a few decades old.

Robby91 wrote: »

Dago and Wop are insults for italians

Definitely heard spade being used as an offensive term for black people. Think it's a few decades old.

That's crazy. They really put some time into that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Those who stop to type will have eleventy million types of heresy beaten out of them by those who don't.

Sarky wrote: »
    Those who stop to type will have eleventy million types of heresy beaten out of them by those who don't.

This is very true. Apply to most games. Type and die, unless youre camping.

MIC AND LIVE!
    FOR THE EMPEROR!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/1999/11/19

214696556_ZQcVZ-L-2.jpg

• Advertisement

Really wondering is the Limited edition worth getting? D:

I don't think so. I can make all the purity seals I want from a strip of white tshirt and a melted candle...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Suffice to say Totalbiscuit reckons its one of his favourite FPS' ever....though he is a fanboi..but still...he just raves about it the whole video :P ..his excitement can't help but rub off somewhat

I used to play 40K and I live with someone who still does, and yeah, we both had pretty much the same reaction too. It's really the first time space marines have been done justice. They came close in DOW2, but it just didn't have the "up-close and personal" feel this does.

I have to admit i enjoyed the demo, although the jump pack level was quite short. Sometimes i felt that the melee combat was a bit of a button mash as the screen can get quite frantic but that is a small point.

I don't think so. I can make all the purity seals I want from a strip of white tshirt and a melted candle...

That's true, standard edition it is!
    I'm actually pretty excited to get this tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anyone know if this will be on the xbox marketplace after midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Probably not, takes a fair few months before games come out on the "Games on Demand" service.

Been getting some feedback from people who have already had a go. Multiplayer is supposed to be fantastic, fast-paced and balanced. At the start a lot of people roll assault as the jump pack slam is great and inexperienced people don't know to avoid it by rolling.

The biggest down-side I am hearing so far is that no dedicated servers or SDK, joining a server is a roulette of lag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BLESSING FROM THE EMPEROR'S HOLY LIGHT!!!!????

Advertisement