Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WH40k: Space Marine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Hope so, can't wait to get my Space Wolves online :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Anyone else having connection issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

marko93 wrote: »
    Anyone else having connection issues?

So far, so good for me (apart from one or two people running in place) - diving straight into multiplayer was such a great decision. Trying to dodge those crazy-ass ASM's/Raptors is hectic, but fun and satisfying

Robby91 wrote: »
    So far, so good for me (apart from one or two people running in place) - diving straight into multiplayer was such a great decision. Trying to dodge those crazy-ass ASM's/Raptors is hectic, but fun and satisfying
    Mine wont connect D:
    It's depressing. might bring it down to the big tv for awhile :3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

A little bit OT, but if you are gonna jump in, anything by Dan Abnett is outstanding. Some of the other stuff can be a bit tedious, but Abnett's just a great writer, he used to write for 2000AD and his stuff is really nice and pacey and has a good seam of very bleak grit that works well for the subject.

Played the game for a while earlier today. Enjoyed the really chunky, clunky feel of the bolter fire, but found the melee got quite quickly repetitive and the very limited, tramtrack level design felt a bit too blatant. I do love a bit of 40k though, so I might pick it up and give it another chance when its cheaper.

Abnett is good but way to much of his stuff gets wrapped up in the last 20 pages :)

Aaron Dembski-Bowden has been on a killer streak with his stuff as he writes Space Marines like no other BL writer with them bickering, joking, slagging each other and kicking arse the way an 8ft tall genetically engendered superhuman should :)

• Advertisement

Unless the pre-order bundle for GameStop only applies to GameStop in America, you should get the Emperor's Elite pack*. I asked in GameSto, when I was buying it, if the wargear bundle was strictly for pre-orders and he said that it was, which would suggest that Irish GameStops should have it - I don't think when you pre-ordered should have an effect on whether you get it or not.

Went to Gamestop in Swords, they knew nothing about any packages for pre-orders...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good. Really good. Lads on vent playing it online, but I want to play some campaign first.

Guns feel really strong and satisfying. Not fecking pee shooters like in most games.

Seeing a horde of orcs running at ya, and you just go tratatatatatata is epic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Multiplayer's a lot of fun, when it works. And you don't mind staring at a "WAITING FOR NEW HOST" message for ten minutes without a quit option besides Ctrl-Alt-Del.

>:|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is this been sold at Retail fof PC?

Only saw ps3 and 360 versions in GAME and HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Anyone know if this will work with -windowed -noborder launch commands in steam? Got really used to this for TF2, it's great to be able to alt-tab without worrying the game will crash or waiting 5 minutes for it to come back up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Loving this so far, the Thunderhammer is just amazing, feels very satisfying smashing in an Ork's head with it. I also like the touch for the bolter, when it makes a sort of a click sound as it nears the end of a mag.

Is this been sold at Retail fof PC?

Only saw ps3 and 360 versions in GAME and HMV.

Yes, it is. GAME in Limerick were getting it in (just waiting on the delivery) and GameStop had it in stock,and I can't imagine why most other places wouldn't have it today.
    Anyone know if this will work with -windowed -noborder launch commands in steam? Got really used to this for TF2, it's great to be able to alt-tab without worrying the game will crash or waiting 5 minutes for it to come back up.
    I think those launch parameters are specific to the Source engine games. Not entirely sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay, feck this, i want one of those jetpacks.

BEST jetpack fun i ever had in game.

Just played about half an hour, holy crap this is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I think those launch parameters are specific to the Source engine games. Not entirely sure though

Damn, yeah they're probably are :( I'll play around with it later and try and hope and pray though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just finished it.

Best 50 quid i've spent ona game this year.
    Wont spoil it for anyone, i just really enjoyed this game.

Based on rigorous* testing, I believe that the Stalker bolter is made of 50% win and 50% awesome... seriously, that gun is unbelieveable powerful. Just got 23-2 in a Seize Ground match, along with the Max Killstreak award (which is 10, I think)

*May not have been very rigorous :P
    just finished it.

Best 50 quid i've spent ona game this year.
    Have you gotten started on the multiplayer? It'll make that 50 euro even more worthwhile :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't mind admitting that I am absolutely filled to the brim with joy that it's getting such a good reception :D:D:D I'm sad that my copy hasn't arrived yet, but at the same time, it leaves me this weekend to finish Deus Ex :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anyone got problems with getting the PS3 version online? Mine just hangs at the "searching for matches" and ticks down the 20 over 5 minutes it finds but then nothing.

Gave me a "Your NAT is not set to Open, blah blah blah cant connect to some games" on launching the MP but its never affected any other PS3 or X360 game before :mad: Even have uPnP enabled but that seems to not help.

Also did a bit of googling and seems its a common problem with the PS3 version, just checking if any here have had problems too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Been waiting so bloody long for this game but I picked this week to build an €800 gaming rig so I had to put off on picking it up today until monday! Argh! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Have you gotten started on the multiplayer? It'll make that 50 euro even more worthwhile :D

have done yeah, but out of the 5 servers i tried - one was great. The rest seemed to have one guy with an awesome score and level and really low ping while everyone else was getting owned in the face by him.. so thats pretty much all i want to see of it for now - going back to campaign on hard :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shiminay wrote: »
    I don't mind admitting that I am absolutely filled to the brim with joy that it's getting such a good reception :D:D:D I'm sad that my copy hasn't arrived yet, but at the same time, it leaves me this weekend to finish Deus Ex :p

Same here,I thought it might be a bit dodgy but its looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Does the multiplayer have dedicated servers or is it p2p?

Burgo wrote: »
    Does the multiplayer have dedicated servers or is it p2p?

P2P - so far, it's been mostly good for me. I'm at Level 20 (not sure how many games I've played), and I've had ~3 games where lag was a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Anyone got problems with getting the PS3 version online? Mine just hangs at the "searching for matches" and ticks down the 20 over 5 minutes it finds but then nothing.

Gave me a "Your NAT is not set to Open, blah blah blah cant connect to some games" on launching the MP but its never affected any other PS3 or X360 game before :mad: Even have uPnP enabled but that seems to not help.

Also did a bit of googling and seems its a common problem with the PS3 version, just checking if any here have had problems too.

I'm having the same problem. Really annoying. I don't have any problems on any other games either. On ps3 by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CptMackey wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. Really annoying. I don't have any problems on any other games either. On ps3 by the way

Balls :mad: . Rumours seem to indicate its the servers for the PS3 version going bork. Hope they get them sorted, wanna unlock the customisation and knock together a custom marine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Balls :mad: . Rumours seem to indicate its the servers for the PS3 version going bork. Hope they get them sorted, wanna unlock the customisation and knock together a custom marine.

So do I so do I. Let's hope it gets sorted quick :(

So do I so do I. Let's hope it gets sorted quick :(
    Pray to the emperor! In the mean time, got me an Axe in single player.
    ORC BASHING TIME

I think one of the mods/community managers over at the Space Marine forums mentioned that the error was coming up for people who had their NAT type set to Open and that it was purely aesthetic. Gonna have a look on the forums and see if I can find the thread.

EDIT: Here we go.
    PS3 NAT issues:
    This is a UI bug and is not something that is affecting your online performance. We have a fix coming to resolve this improperly reported error.
    ORC BASHING TIME
    Bashing? With an axe? You're doing it wrong... :p

• Advertisement

I think one of the mods/community managers over at the Space Marine forums mentioned that the error was coming up for people who had their NAT type set to Open and that it was purely aesthetic. Gonna have a look on the forums and see if I can find the thread.

EDIT: Here we go.

Thank the Emperor!
    Was afraid, i'd never properly get to experience multiplayer :/

Advertisement